News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann products

Started by richg, March 20, 2011, 04:29:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richg

Below is an on line company I sometimes buy from. They say sale. Go take a look. They might have something you are looking for.

http://www.peachcreekshops.com/bachmann.php

Rich

Cowboy

They do have some good prices. Too bad they won't sell to the 'great white North"
Beware the fury of the patient man

Jim Banner

I was surprised to read that they would not ship to Canada.  But on their policy page, they mention only shipping to the continental U.S. and overseas.  Canada deffinitely is not part of the U.S. and last I looked, there was no sea between us to ship things over.  So I guess we are out of luck up here.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

jward

you guys have so much going for you up there.....2 cool railroads, enlightened public policy, a clean country where people care about upkeed of buildings, etc......

so what if a few places won't ship to you, and fluorescent bulbs won't work in the winter....... ;D
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

WoundedBear

I wonder when the policy changed. I have an invoice in front of me from July of 2010. I ordered the Mini-Trains Plymouth Diesel from Peach Creek. I called my order in and spoke to Jeff. He took the order and my VISA # and all was fine. Everything I ordered showed up in the mail about 2 weeks later. I also have a contact name of John Glaab.

Maybe just call them up and confirm the policy.

Sid

Jim Banner

Jeffery,
Thank you for the kind words.

Sid,
When asked, many companies and individuals who say they ship only to the United States will tell you 'of course we ship to Canada' and are surprised you even asked.  On eBay, many sellers indicate "ships to United States only" but are only too glad to ship to Canada if you ask first.  I have only once been rebuffed by a seller who wanted to know how come I couldn't read.  I just figure he was having a bad day, or maybe he came from New Jersey.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

CNE Runner

Canada isn't part of the U.S.? I thought Ontario was part of New York State and British Columbia was part of Washington State...who knew?

OK Jim...put down that frying pan as I was only kidding. I have untold admiration for our neighbors (and friends) to the north. After spending most of the winter with Canadians (...and Canadienes) in Arizona, I can almost speak Canadianese...eh?

Owt an' abowt in a bowt,
Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"

WoundedBear

Jim...you are so right when you say "Just ask".

I had been trying to get my hands on four of JV Models 36 foot, truss rod flat car kits. Normally I would have my LHS order from Walther's and have them in a few weeks. Unfortunately, Walthers was, and at this time, still is, out of stock on these with no idea when they will re-order. What to do, what to do?

When you look at JV Models' website, with regard to shipping rates, you see this........

http://www.jvmodels.biz/JVM_Pricing.htm#Shipping

From JVModels.biz...

"Shipping to U.S. Mainland.
    N Scale Kits: $4.95 for first kit + $1.95 each additional kit
    HO Scales Kits: $6.95 for first kit + $1.95 each additional kit      (Exception on kit #9203 Shipping is $2.00)
    O Scales Kits: $8.95 for first kit + $1.95 each additional kit
    Shipping to Alaska and Hawaii and internationally is not available."

Well.....I hadn't seen that notice when I contacted Ron at JV. I hit the website, found a contact address and shot him off an email that stated that Walthers are out of stock, and asked how does a Canadian get their hands on a JV kit?

I had an answer in a matter of hours. Ron indicated that Canuck orders are not outside his normal operations and even offered to combine all the parts for four kits into one box, with one set of instructions, to help cut down shipping costs. He also said he needed payment in the form of an International Money order in US funds....not a problem from my end. I shot him off a Canada Post Money Order and again, 2 and a half weeks later, my kits arrived in the mail and Walthers still has them listed as out of stock this morning.

What was that old saying about some grease and a squeaky wheel?

Sid