Hi Guys,

First off sorry for any weird typos,just got back out of the Hospital and 
the ICU ward :( how many years  of model Railroading funds did that wipe  out I
will find out once I gett the bills.

I got a new P2K 2-10-2 withSound IC of course and I cant get the drawbar to 
coupke to the tender what am I doing wrong? Also I cant get the bloody drawbar
to connect to the tender. I am begining to wonder if the 2ndone I got coming
in  will be instantly placed on Ebay or not. Also the P2K coupler on the
front was  laying inthe package broke any suggestions on adding a new Kadee #158 to
the  front?

Thanks

Stephen

Guilford Guy

send it over ill fix it and get it back to you in er say 3 months ;)
Alex

Stephen Warrington

hehehe u,, sure Alex I know you will like my cranes lol  :P Well got dad to lend me a hand and  we got it figured out now to get that pesky front coupler to mount right.

Stephen

lanny

Hey Stephen,

Glad you're back. Hope all that the doctors did to you while in ICU will help! Our church has been praying for your recovery.

Let me (us) know what you think about the running and hauling qualities of the Heritage 2-10-2. It's a very expensive locomotive, but according to Ray B. (Orsonroy) the 2900 IC is pretty close to the original 2900 series 2-10-2s. (In fact, I think Ray may have given Life Like some ICRR related advice when they were working on the master?)

Anyway, good to see you back on the forum, Stephen.

BTW, your Spec Connie #908 that I'm super detailing for you is coming along well. I'll send your some more 'progress' photos in the near future.

lanny nicolet
ICRR Steam & "Green Diamond" era modeler

Guilford Guy

As Steven's unofficial locomotive money managing agent I must request some pictures for myself  ;)
Alex

lanny

Hi GG,

I apologize for not realizing that you are Stephen's 'unofficial locomotive money managing agent'  :)

Here's a recent 'kit bashing' progress shot of Stephen's #908 from a Bachmann Spec 2-8-0.

Please be assured that the 'rebuilding program' is remaining 'within budget constraints'  ;D

lanny nicolet

Orsonroy

Goood grief Lanny; you sure cranked out that 908 quickly! I may have to send mine to you along with some "trade goods"!

As for P2K's IC 2900, it's OK, but nowhere near perfect. They didn't take most of my advice, so the "prototype specific detailing" really isn't. The model is essentially a stock USRA heavy 2-10-2 lettered for the IC, rather than a true 2900 (which wouldn't have required much in the way of changes, but they were working with a VERY tight budget). At least they took all of my lettering advice: to date it's the ONLY correctly lettered IC steam model to ever hit the market!
Ray Breyer
Modeling the NKP's Peoria Division, 1949

Guilford Guy

Now that is kind of sad ray having no other correctly lettered IC steamers...
Lanny its coming along well  ;D ;) 8)
Alex

lanny

Hi Ray & GG,

Thanks for the compliments.

Keeping in mind Mr. Bach Man's warning about prices, etc on the forum ... suffice it to say that I am presently working on three specific 'kit bash' series for the ICRR. I intend to do a few to make them available if someone wants to spend the money to get a 'close resemblence' to an ICRR locomotive, including correct lettering using the excellent Spectrum mechanism.:)  I am NOT a 'fine scale', 'rivet counter' type modeler, however.

I will be using the Spectrum Heavy Mountain, Spectrum 2-8-0 and an 'competitor's heavy 2-10-2 (not, however, Life Like Heritage 2-10-2) to create the 2400, 2500 and 2600 series ICRR Mountains, the ICRR 900 series 2-8-0s and the ICRR 2700/2800 series 2-10-2s to begin with.

I have a couple 2-8-0s I am working on now (or will soon be working on) for other modelers. If anyone else is interested, please contact me privately offline.

lanny nicolet

Stephen Warrington

8) Hi Guys,

the 2-10-2 runs and sounds great so I will be keeping #2 when she comes in. I am going to see if Walthers will let me swap out a undecorated one for a #2 IC one, they have done it in the past for me on a locomotive. And boy does she pull but the Sound is great.I tend to use the Whistle  to let everyone in the house know I am awake.

I am going to have to modify one curve on my little layout so I can really streach her legs since I no longer belong to a train club locally due to health.

It wants curves of 22" or greater no 18" no matter what the reviewer says in MR and the lettering is spot on for the IC.So its close enough for me and beats the heck out of those two brass lemons on the shelf.

Lanny IC #908 sure is looking good I should of broke down and told you to do the tender as well lol.

Stephen

lanny

Stephen,

I 'bumped' an older note to the top. It shows my own finished 2-8-0. Yours should look like this before long!

(I haven't started on my tender as yet)

lanny nicolet

Bojangle

Stephen:
I didn't know you were in the hospital, glad you're back, and  I pray that all is well.

Boy, do I have a lot to learn about steamers.  All the parts are hanging out there in plain sight, and I have no idea what the parts are called .  But I am learning.

What is that thingamajig on top of the  whachamacallit?  lol
Bo

ebtbob

Good Morning All,

Stephen raises a good point,  one that I have spoken about in the past.   That is,  the mininum radius,   his engine needs 22in,  not 18in as the reviewer said.   
        I said it before and I say it again,  take the stated minimum radius and add 2 inches to it.   If your railroad is not large enough to have that new minimum radius,  then seriously,   buy another engine.   BTW....this goes for longer rolling stock as well,  particularly passenger cars.

Bob
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

SteamGene

Bob is right about minimum radius, which causes me to wonder about all of the mammoth engines and long, modern cars produced today.  It's not that they are modern - it's the simple act that most layouts in the U.S. are a 4x8 oval - where does an articulated double stack train fit on that?
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"