News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Pacific Southern (not Southern Pacific)

Started by Grand Junction RR, June 27, 2007, 10:42:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grand Junction RR

Hello: I recently acquired a 50' double door automobile box car. It apparently started life as an Athearn 1309 undec. It was painted into a fictional railroad called Pacific Southern. I do not nornally buy fantasy cars, but this one was so striking that I couldn't resist. This car was painted in a dark blue with silver roof,ends,doors and lettering with the road number 1983. Most likely the number represented the year it was done. The printing on this car was very good. I imagine this car was done for a club show. I know there has been a ton of fantasy paint jobs over the years but I thought this one deserved mention. If anyone knows of this car or where it came from I'd like to hear about it. Thanks Al

Bojangle

Maybe the builder had too much sake and got the lettering backward...Did you get the car new, in the box, painted that way?
Bo

Guilford Guy

He did say it started out as an undec...
Alex

Grand Junction RR

Bo: I got the car used in a blank Athearn box. The 1309 identification was speculation on my part. It couldn't be anything else. A beautiful pad printing job. It's too good to be sake fueled. Al ;)

Bojangle

Alex:  duh, I missed the "undec"  I would leave the lettering as is, nice conversation piece.  Heck, I have a Santa Fe loco with a UP shield on it,  just making preparations.
Which reminds me, I need to go check my UP stock.

Be specific, ship Union Pacific.
Bo

BillD53A

Its a model railroad club in Rocky Hill, New Jersey.

Grand Junction RR

Bill: Thanks for the info.  Are you a member? Or do they have a website or contact infomation? Regards, Al