News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

GP30 (Problem?)

Started by sour rails, June 28, 2007, 12:14:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sour rails

???   I just bought a brand new Bachmann GP30 Nickel Plate Road #903.  Today when I received it via UPS, I noticed that on the right side cab there was no window.  There were windows everywhere else but the right side of the cab.    Is this a manufacturer's error or are they all made this way.
Thanks
Sometimes, true greatness comes in small packages.  ~Sour Rails

Nickel Plate Road~Resurgence

8) 8) Sour Rails 8) 8) [move]

sour rails

lanny

I would definitely call Bridget at Bachmann service. That sounds like a mistake made when it was 'built'. Bachmann will make it right for you.

lanny nicolet
ICRR Steam & "Green Diamond" era modeler

LD303

I have two GP30's and they both came w\o a right side window...I figured it was done like that so you could add an engineer to the cab.....I put a piece of clear plastic  inside and glued it......seems like a better idea than calling and trying to get a teeny piece of clear plastic from Bachmann.

sour rails

That's exactly what I'm trying to figure out so I'll know what to do about it.

Thank you

jayl1

Everyone I have sold does NOT have an engineer side window - probably so you can see the engineer.

sour rails

I contacted the Bachmann service department and she told me that that's the way Bachmann makes them.  She did not say "Why?" just that they don't make it with.   At first, she tried telling me that Bachmann doesn't make the Nickel Plate Road in the GP30, but then I gave her the item number.
Thanks for all your information guys.