News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Stationary Decoders

Started by Ol Hoss, May 08, 2011, 09:19:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ol Hoss

I have a Dynamis DCC controller on the way and I am wondering how to control my existing turnouts with it. I have (2) 44561's, (2) 44562's, and (2) 44557's. The info you find from stationary decoders never include Bachmann equipment in their literature. I could not find a stationary decoder in the Bachmann product line. What's a Railroad Baron to do?

Doneldon

Hoss-

Those item numbers are for non-DCC turnouts. They can be operated remotely with switch machines and buttons on your control panel but DCC isn't relevant. You need the DCC turnouts. They have the same nickel-silver rail and gray roadbed as the gray EZTrack.

Many modelers operate their turnouts conventionally, that is, with a power source separate from their DCC system and with control panel electrical switches. You can use any available 14 volt, give or take, AC or DC, .5 - 1 amp power source such as wall warts from old electronics or toys. This is considerably cheaper than replacing your conventional remote turnouts with DCC compatible turnouts and you won't give up much, if anything, in regards to the operation of your layout.
                                                                                                                                                    -- D