Main Menu

place to buy E-Z Track

Started by razorback, June 27, 2011, 05:48:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

razorback

Dear Bach-Man,

How much is your cheapest E-Z Tack.

ACY

4 pieces of 9" steel straight track have a MSRP of $10.25. On ebay you can buy 4 pieces of steel for around $5 including shipping, which is about half of the MSRP.

Doneldon

razor-

Don't buy the cheapest; it's fraught with potential problems.
Buy the nickel-silver (gray roadbed) track for just a little more
                                                       -- D

ACY

Quote from: Doneldon on June 27, 2011, 06:54:50 PM
Don't buy the cheapest; it's fraught with potential problems.
Buy the nickel-silver (gray roadbed) track for just a little more.
The MSRP of 4 pieces of Nickel-Silver is $13.50. On ebay the cheapest you can buy 4 pieces of Nickel Silver is $11.50, which is a price increase of over double that of steel. Although, I would buy Nickel Silver track but not E-Z track I would buy flex track.

Jerrys HO

ACY
does bachmann sell flex track? Also some of us are not as experienced as most of you. I personally am very fond of NS ez track, in the future I may try hand laid,flex,etc. until then I am having a blast with what I have which is 12x14x12 u-shaped all in bachmann NS with #5 turnouts,left and right crossovers,5amp booster etc. I have no problems with it because I took a lot of good advise from people on this bachmann forum. Please stop spoiling the fun we and our stupid kids are having.
Razor
I know from your other posts your situation. I have some steel bachmann track that was given to me when I first got back into this hobby. Do a personal message with a contact number and they are yours for free. You may have to pay shipping depending on your location.
Jerry

ACY

No, but other companies like Atlas and Peco do.

Jerrys HO

Ed Kunkel

Trainworldonline.com in NY sells all Bachmann products (as well as others).

razorback

DONELEDON-

how much is a silver-nickel graybed track cost

ACY

One piece of 9" straight nickel-silver with grey roadbed is $3.38 or $2.88 if you buy on ebay not including shipping. Steel with black roadbed is $1.10 per 9" straight on ebay.

razorback

does bachmann sell nickel-silver with grey roadbed

Doneldon

razor-

Quote from: razorback on July 31, 2011, 11:02:47 PM
does bachmann sell nickel-silver with grey roadbed

Yes, Bachmann NS EZTrack has gray roadbed. Shop carefully on ebay and be patient and you can score a good price on NS EZTrack.
                                                                                                                                                                                                        -- D

Ed Kunkel

Price at "trainworldonline.com"
$7.99 for a card of 4 nickel silver gray road bed plus shipping. #44511

train guy

They have bulk 50 pieces for only $90,stright and curved.

Doneldon

TG-

That's still over $2.00 per foot (with shipping) and you are pretty much locked in to expensive EZ Track turnouts and crossings. Do the math on flex track and choose your own turnouts and you'll save some money. The track itself will be a near wash but you'll come out way ahead on the special pieces. You'll have fewer rail joints, a greater selection of special tracks (turnouts, etc.), much more flexibility (no pun intended) in track design, and better looking roadbed if you don't apply ballast.
                                                                 -- D