News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann 0-6-0 Slopeback DCC On Board

Started by Joe323, June 28, 2011, 10:25:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe323

I was asked to review this Loco I bought 3 weeks ago

Locomotive ran well once broken in and tuned, However smoke does not puff (No big Deal I can do without the mess) and the tender needs more weight on the back wheels to prevent derailments espicially in reverse.  However it is fine for pulling my one car tourist train, which is its purpose.

jonathan

Joe,

If you would be so kind...

Have you opended the shell, yet?

Where is the decoder?

Does the tender have current pick up? or are the wheels plastic as in the older versions?

Is the headlight an LED?

Before I consider tinkering with one, just wondering what sort of work will be involved making the DCC on board version a nice running loco.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Joe323

Joe,

If you would be so kind...

Have you opended the shell, yet?

Not yet

Where is the decoder?

Does the tender have current pick up? or are the wheels plastic as in the older versions?

The wheels are plastic I intend to replace them shortly

Is the headlight an LED?

I don't think so.

Before I consider tinkering with one, just wondering what sort of work will be involved making the DCC on board version a nice running loco.

I'll let you know more however right now I have my 12 year old cousin helping do landscaping on my layout.  After he leaves on Thursday I'll pick this up again.

Joe

WTierce1

Yes the headlight is an LED
No the tender has no picups. Actually it does nothing but sit behind the loco.
The decoder is in the loco.
Oh...
if you take a look at my 0-6-0 smoke improvement thread you can make the smoke work better.
A fan of the Tennessee Valley Railroad

jward

smoke and dcc together is not a good idea. smoke tends to be attracted to the rails of your track and can cause contact problems. issues that are negligible on dc become major problems in dcc. clean track is a must. smoke interferes with that.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

jonathan

Thanks for the info, guys.

Regards,

Jonathan