News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Is item #63505 DCC ready?

Started by BlueFox, June 29, 2011, 07:35:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueFox

Is item #63505 DCC ready?  The discription doesn't say, just that it is 8 wheel drive.
BACHMANN HO GP40 CONRAIL #3072 TRAIN 63505

jward

i don't believe so, but there is a dcc version of this locomotive available. i believe the number is conrail 3088.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

BlueFox

I already have a DCC version of this loco and I have a chance to pick up a non-DCC version very cheaply but before I do I need to know if it can have DCC added to it without too many problems.  I'm hopeing it is DCC ready without having to buy it and then open it up to find out.

richg

Quote from: BlueFox on June 29, 2011, 08:32:49 AM
I already have a DCC version of this loco and I have a chance to pick up a non-DCC version very cheaply but before I do I need to know if it can have DCC added to it without too many problems.  I'm hopeing it is DCC ready without having to buy it and then open it up to find out.

Go look at the Diagram page. I just did. The decoder will have to be hard wired. Looks easy, for various values of easy. A DZ125 1 amp decoder will work. I use this decoder in a couple Bachmann locos.

Rich

BlueFox

Thanks richg!  I did just that, looked at the diagram.  I don't know why I didn't think of that before, must be an old age thing!  LOL  Anyway, I agree that it should be an easy conversion.  I have 1 each Bachmann #44913 and #44925 harness versions, 1 amp, 2 function decoders that are brand new, never used still in their packages.

My next question is what type of lights?  Light bulbs or LED's?  The diagram doesn't say.

jward

they appear to be similar to the b23-7. if so, the motor may not be isolated from the frame. it isn't on the b23-7.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA