News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

How good is this steam loco?

Started by BlueFox, June 29, 2011, 07:41:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueFox

Is this a good engine?  What is the minimum radius curve it will negociate?
#83311 HO SCALE STEAM ENGINE SEABOARD 2-10-2 DCC EQUIPD

jonathan

BF,

Yes, it is a good locomotive.  As with all steam locomotives, from any manyfacturer, it may require a little tweaking and some break in to run in top form.

It will negotiage 22" radius curves.  If you wish to go with smaller radii, may I suggest a 2-8-0 consolidation.  It is also a good runner and will negotiate at least 18" radius curves.  I have a couple that will pass through 15" radius curves with no problem.

Regards,

Jonathan

jettrainfan

The 2-10-2 is an excellent engine, probably the only engine i ask to run if my steamers are not running at the CV&WS. (actually double headed a couple times with it with my 2-8-0 and once with my 4-8-4) funny part is, the owner never uses it! I've pulled 15 cars with it up a helix that's probably around 2% average.  So it could probably do the work you want it to no problem!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

Doneldon

Blue-

The Bachmann 2-10-2 is an excellent locomotive. It pulls well and it's nice to look at. It'll do well on 22" curves. I've heard of a few which made it through 18" but only very slowly and not backwards. Eighteen inch curves are very tight; I think you'd be much happier with 22" curves if you can possibly do that. Even 22" is considered moderately tight. I suggest that you downsize your motive power plans if you have to stick with 18". Steam locomotives with six or eight drivers (2-6-0, 2-6-2, 2-8-0, or 4-6-2) and four wheeled truck diesels should do okay.
                                                                                                                            -- D