STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 15, 2018, 06:23:42 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  HO
| | |-+  DPM vs Woodland Scenics
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: DPM vs Woodland Scenics  (Read 4201 times)
Bill Baker

View Profile
« on: February 08, 2007, 12:34:03 PM »

Is it my imagination or are the Woodland Scenics structures smaller than DPM?  Which is truly 1:87?

Bill
Rich R
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 01:53:19 PM »

Dunno really,
Same company if you check however. Design Preservation Models and Woodland Scenics are the same or owned by a common company.
I think that Woodland scenics make more branch line/rural type structures as opposed to mainline big city types.

Cheers,
Rich R
jayl1
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 02:06:21 PM »

I believe WS is more along the lines of scenery - grass, turf, trees, landscaping, & small scenes.  DPM is larger buildings although WS has a few smaller buildings.
SteamGene

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 03:57:40 PM »

Almost all HO structure are selectively compressed.  Apparently WS and DPM were once independent but are now connected in some way.  And yes, WS has structures that seem more small town, rural, than DPM.
Gene

Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"
jschmid

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2007, 01:05:37 AM »

one of many companys that are one of bachmanns is woodland scenics, i also think that dpm is the same company of woodland scenics, making it also bachmann, dpm is just  flat put together kitbash your on models, and woodland, well scenics!
Len

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2007, 04:32:48 PM »

I think Dave Osment, founder of Osment Models Inc., might be a bit surprised to find out Osment Models Inc. dba Woodland Scenics, DPM, etc. belong to Bachmann.

Len

If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.
Paul M.

T&P Railway in the 1950s

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2007, 07:12:13 PM »

Wow. I guess you learn something new everyday. I never knew that DPM, Woodland Scenics and Bachmann were somehow linked in ownership.

the Bach-man
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2007, 12:10:28 AM »

Dear All,
Neither did we...
Not true.
Have fun!
the Bach-man
John C

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2007, 02:03:40 PM »

Haven't seen any new Woodland Scenics stuff for a while.  All the WS structures that I have are old cast metal ones.  Any of the DPM ones that I have are plastic.  All are in kit form.  Maybe it's time to go back to the LHS!

Rich R
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2007, 06:50:33 PM »

Haven't seen any new Woodland Scenics stuff for a while.  All the WS structures that I have are old cast metal ones.  Any of the DPM ones that I have are plastic.  All are in kit form.  Maybe it's time to go back to the LHS!

Hi John,

I believe that nothing has changed as to the type of material used in each line but check the website of WS and you'll see that there are lots of new things available or soon to be available. Your LHS might not have the newest stuff in stock yet.  But it’s good to know that you at least have a LHS. <sigh>

Cheers,
Rich R
John C

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2007, 07:11:23 PM »

Hi John,

I believe that nothing has changed as to the type of material used in each line but check the website of WS and you'll see that there are lots of new things available or soon to be available. Your LHS might not have the newest stuff in stock yet.  But it’s good to know that you at least have a LHS. <sigh>

Cheers,
Rich R

Thanks Rich,  I'll take a look and see what I've been missing - or at least what I can expect.  We're fortunate to have 3 very well stocked hobby shops in Calgary.  Next weekend is SuperTrain - our annual train show and one of the largest in western Canada.  I expect that there'll be a lot of interesting things there.  Sure helps pass the time in the winter here.  Today it's about -4 F and snowing sideways!

Cheers!

John

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: