News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann sound locos

Started by richg, July 18, 2011, 11:03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richg

While looking for a document for someone in another forum, I came apon the below document for Bachamnn sound locos. This does not include the new ones that will be released in a few months.

http://www.soundtraxx.com/factory/OEM%20pages/Bachmann/Bachmann.php

For other brands, look at the below site.

http://www.soundtraxx.com/factory/index.php

As usual, store the documents in Favorites and take time reading them. You might be able to help someone some day.

Rich

the Bach-man

Dear All,
We have been including full Tsunamis since last year, hence the updated documentation from SoundTraxx.
As Rich says, take the time to read the documentation.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

richg

Quote from: Hunt on July 21, 2011, 04:21:08 PM
Realize the User's Guide listed under Documentation can not be fully utilize, if your Bachmann locomotive equipped with factory installed Tsunami digital sound decoder was produced prior to when Bachmann started installing a so called full Tsunami decoder.

The new Bachmann sound equipped (DCC Sound on Board) locomotives just announced at the 2011 NMRA, which are in Bachmann's standard line (not Spectrum), will be equipped with a new sound decoder by SoundTraxx that does not use their Tsunami  Technology.

The second paragraph shows there will be issues with users for these new locos to be released. Many make assumptions, don't read all the advertising, in a hurry to get the newest loco, etc.

I figured the same but someone said the new ones with have Tsunami technology. Just don't remeber where I saw that right now.

I really hope the Bachmann company can put out reliable info on what series of sound locos with SoundTraxx decoders so people will stop making assumptions. It would clear up things a lot.

Of course, companies with unsold Bachmann with on board sound, {ebay?},  on the shelf will make thing difficult for some buyers.

Rich

ACY

Quote from: richg on July 21, 2011, 04:34:58 PM
I figured the same but someone said the new ones with have Tsunami technology. Just don't remeber where I saw that right now.
In response to a post I made on this site, the Bach-mann said that the decoder being offered for use the B&O EM-1 would be a full Tsunami.

richg

Quote from: ACY on July 21, 2011, 04:37:23 PM
Quote from: richg on July 21, 2011, 04:34:58 PM
In response to a post I made on this site, the Bach-mann said that the decoder being offered for use the B&O EM-1 would be a full Tsunami.

Quote from: Hunt on July 21, 2011, 04:21:08 PM
The new Bachmann sound equipped (DCC Sound on Board) locomotives just announced at the 2011 NMRA, which are in Bachmann's standard line (not Spectrum), will be equipped with a new sound decoder by SoundTraxx that does not use their Tsunami  Technology.

I wonder where Hunt got his info?

Rich

Bucksco

To Clarify.

The new standard line sound decoder is indeed a new product from Soundtraxx. It features 16 bit sound and a new processor. It is not the same processor used in the Tsunami decoder so technically it is not a Tsunami. It does however feature the same sound quality and many of the same features. The main defference between it and the plug and play board (which IS a full Tsunami) is that it is integrated into the PC board - in other words it is not a plug and play situation. The main sound features of the new board are prime mover (or steam chuff), bell, horn/whistle (long and short) and steam hiss and blowdown. You wil also have control of all of the great features you've come to expect from SoundTraxx such as BEMF (speed control), lighting, sound equalizer, etc....
We are currently working on the instruction manual and it will be available as soon as it is finalized.

The plug and play sound decoder that will be offered for our spectrum series locomotives is a Full Tsunami board.

Hope this clears up the confusion!

richg

Quote from: Yardmaster on July 21, 2011, 06:47:34 PM
To Clarify.

The new standard line sound decoder is indeed a new product from Soundtraxx. It features 16 bit sound and a new processor. It is not the same processor used in the Tsunami decoder so technically it is not a Tsunami. It does however feature the same sound quality and many of the same features. The main defference between it and the plug and play board (which IS a full Tsunami) is that it is integrated into the PC board - in other words it is not a plug and play situation. The main sound features of the new board are prime mover (or steam chuff), bell, horn/whistle (long and short) and steam hiss and blowdown. You wil also have control of all of the great features you've come to expect from Soundtraxx such as BEMF (speed control), lighting, sound equalizer, etc....
We are currently working on the instruction manual and it will be available as soon as it is finalized.

The plug and play sound decoder that will be offered for our spectrum series locomotives is a Full Tsunami board.

Hope this clears up the confusion!

Very good Yardmaster. I hope Bachmann can continue to release all the info as it does help reduce confusion, assumptions about the Bachmann products.

Rich

the Bach-man

Dear All,
Keep in mind that we are releasing our first sound diesels. They are wonderfully detailed, smooth running, and feature an integrated sound decoder that has SoundTraxx quality sound.
As the Yardmaster says, the manual is in preparation.  Perhaps folks should hear it before they criticize it...
To that end I am locking this thread.
Have fun!
the Bach-man