News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

I want to buy these 10 Bachmann DCCs

Started by czechwizard, July 27, 2011, 03:36:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

czechwizard

Here they are: BAC64204, BAC60902, BAC60901, BAC60905, BAC62803, BAC60348, BAC60441, BAC83504, BAC61108, BAC60116

I would love to buy them directly from Bachmann, but look at their official out of this world prices, the double of what you get anywhere else, like at www.wholesaletrains.com, etc. I wanted to buy them on ebay, but no seller has them all, maybe just one, two items at most. The problem is that Wholesaletrains, the lowest prices online, don't ship to Nicaragua, Central America, where I reside, I called them, no matter I use PayPal.

Is there any way I can buy these engines as a bulk directly from Bachmann for great prices, including the shipping to Nicaragua ? How much would the lowest possible total be ? 10 locos is 10 locos ! I just need these trains, Mr Bachmann. I pay by PayPal.

ACY

Bachmann does not sell their items direct to the public, you will probably have to buy from various online stores or sellers on ebay.

richg

Use Google to seach for other companies that might sell and ship to you.

Rich

Doneldon

cz wiz-

Check with other online sellers. I'm sure that there are some who would be glad to ship to you. Be aware, though, that shipping will be expensive. Try to use a company which won't add a big service charge.

You're wise not to use ebay for your purchases as you'd have to use many sellers as opposed to two or three online merchants. Larger orders will save shipping costs. You can receive three ten-pound shipments for a whole lot less than seven or eight two- or three-pound packages. That first pound is the expensive one and larger packages generally need less padding than many small ones.

Good luck with your purchases.
                                                                    -- D

ACY

Check to see if the Favorite spot has what you need and if he ships to you or not.

napa15

For some reason the Favorite Spot has no more train listings on the ebay store, only their baseball ticket listings. I don't know why. I know they are setting up their own website, and store I guess, but I don't know why they removed all their train products from their ebay store. Anybody?

ACY

Napa, They said the ebay fees were too high, so they are opening their own store where the fees will be less (they pay a fee to have their own website).

Ed Kunkel

Check out "www.trainworldonline.com".  Their prices and services are hard to beat.

czechwizard

I've bought a lot of stuff from The Favorite Spot before they closed their Ebay store, Ray is a great guy, but he didn't carry the locos I want this time. Once the shipping to Nicaragua was $ 175, two huge packages, last time, I'm still waiting for even bigger packages, I guess already at the Nicaraguan Customs Office, it takes a long time to inspect it, it was $ 244. Well, yeah, it's pretty expensive even for the dubbed Czech Hollywood Warrior Priest from Serious Entertainment going "trains" as hell. Any other ideas ? Thanks so far.

czechwizard

Quote from: Ed Kunkel on July 27, 2011, 10:29:50 PM
Check out "www.trainworldonline.com".  Their prices and services are hard to beat.

wow, they have everything, the prices are ok, hopefully they ship to where I am, this is what I've been looking for, gotta contact them, thanks a lot

Pacific Northern

Quote from: napa15 on July 27, 2011, 04:49:37 PM
For some reason the Favorite Spot has no more train listings on the ebay store, only their baseball ticket listings. I don't know why. I know they are setting up their own website, and store I guess, but I don't know why they removed all their train products from their ebay store. Anybody?

I received an e-mail from the Favorite Spot indicating that they would be shutting down the train sales until after the summer season, business was very slow during the summer.

I quess it will be wait and see if they re-open their E-bay site.
Pacific Northern

Ed Kunkel

wiz - Register for e-mail sales.  You may be in time for their Christmas in July sale.  After you signup all you need to do when calling in is give the password "Christmas"  (if my memory is correct) and the added discount will be in effect.
Good luck.
Ed

czechwizard

Quote from: Ed Kunkel on July 28, 2011, 09:54:55 PM
wiz - Register for e-mail sales.  You may be in time for their Christmas in July sale.  After you signup all you need to do when calling in is give the password "Christmas"  (if my memory is correct) and the added discount will be in effect.
Good luck.
Ed

Bang, I made the purchase for a grand, including some cabooses, a crane, two derrick cars, a BN rotary snowplow with a tender and Napa Valley stuff. 10 new locos will have me going nuts, and imagine how I am in general, lol. Thanks for the 10 % early Christmas advice.

Pacific Northern

Quote from: Pacific Northern on July 28, 2011, 06:19:51 PM
Quote from: napa15 on July 27, 2011, 04:49:37 PM

I received an e-mail from the Favorite Spot indicating that they would be shutting down the train sales until after the summer season, business was very slow during the summer.

I quess it will be wait and see if they re-open their E-bay site.

Just received a note from Ray from the Favorite Spot and they will be back on E-bay soon.
Pacific Northern

czechwizard

After 8 full hours of coping with the infamous Nicaraguan red tape, long lines, 17 !!! signatures required, multiple fees paid in different government institutions scattered all over the capital, at 4:31 p.m. I received my package for an extra $ 100, not too bad, compared to the $ 500 asked as import duties. Now I'm not sure if RIP is for me or Trainworldonline unauthorized missending stuff via overnight DHL, as I get whatever HO scale package for less than $ 1 by snail UPS International clearing through the same Customs Office. Imagine what I could get for those hundred bucks at Bachmann ?