News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Micro Engineering Turnouts

Started by texdon, August 16, 2011, 09:30:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

texdon

Does anyone know why my usual outlets are back-ordered on the Micro Engineering On30 turnouts?  Does anyone know when they will be available again or if Micro Engineering has discontinued this product?
Don

texdon

I will try to contact them again.  I sent a note to this address about 2 weeks ago and never got a response.
Don

ebtbob

Good Morning All,

For me,  the problem I have with Micro Engineering is the rail code they make their turnouts from.   They offer code 70 and code 83.  Why not code 100 since they make wonderful On30 flex with code 100 rail.   A good turnout,  but right now EXTREMELY hard to find is the Litco turnout.  I contacted my supplier about some HOn3 turnouts and was told he basically has nothing and has an order in to Litco since February with no product in hand yet.   Seems like there is way to much like this going on right now in the industry.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

ScottyB

Quote from: texdon on August 16, 2011, 09:30:46 PM
Does anyone know why my usual outlets are back-ordered on the Micro Engineering On30 turnouts?  Does anyone know when they will be available again or if Micro Engineering has discontinued this product?

Micro Engineering makes their turnouts in "batches" and seems to wait until the supply is very low before making more.  This is true for all scales of their track.

I have no firm guess, but in the past (summer 2008), when supplies got low, it was several months before they reappeared in stores.

They do have a website now - http://microengineering.com/ - and they might be able to give you a target date.  Post back here if you find out!

Scott
On30 for me, N scale for my son.

ebtbob

Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

texdon

I called Microengineering this morning.  They told me that the On30 code 83 turnouts will start shipping again late next week.
Don

ScottyB

Quote from: texdon on August 26, 2011, 02:28:56 PM
I called Microengineering this morning.  They told me that the On30 code 83 turnouts will start shipping again late next week.

Awesome!  Thanks for the report!

Scott
On30 for me, N scale for my son.