News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Steam engine suggestions

Started by MilwaukeeRoadfan261, September 07, 2011, 10:40:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MilwaukeeRoadfan261

Dear Bach-Man,
If you would be willing to consider these ideas, I have a couple of suggestions for standard line steamers. The first is Grand Canyon Railway #4960. An Ex-CB&Q class O-1A 2-8-2 built by Baldwin Locomotive Works in 1923 as it appears in Grand Canyon Railway operation.
http://donsdepot.donrossgroup.net/dr0303/gc4960a.jpg
http://www.trainweb.org/bobx/Tour-GCR4960.jpg

The Second is Grand Canyon Railway #29. An Ex-LS&I class SC-3 2-8-0 built by ALCO's Pittsburgh Shops in 1906 as it appears in current Grand Canyon Railway service.
http://algomacentral.railfan.net/images/DesertRails/29_sb_Pronghorn.jpg
http://images.travelpod.com/users/mojodojo/1.1278117579.grand-canyon-railroad.jpg

Again if you would please consider these ideas, it would be much appreciated.

MilwaukeeRoadfan261

The engines I suggested have a more generic appearance with a center mounted headlight. They could be made into other road names as well, of coarse with a different tender.

RAM

I have a friend who worked for the CB&Q in Kan. City.  He got to run 4-8-4 No. 5632 into the roundhouse.  He said that was sure a nice locomotive.

ebtnut

Here's my short list of desired HO locomotive models that Bachmann might consider:

Southern Ps-4 4-6-2;  B&O Q-4b 2-8-2;  PRR H-6/B&O E-24 2-8-0; most any Harriman 4-6-2 or 2-8-2; N&W 4-8-0; a slide-valve, pre-USRA 0-6-0 switcher; a Ma and Pa early 2-8-0;  a two-truck Shay;  a 4-6-6-4 Challenger, with detailing for different roads (think D&RGW and Western Maryland, among others);  a pre-USRA 2-8-2 (think SR 4501);  a more modern 4-6-0, like the A&LM loco. 

Johnson Bar Jeff

Quote from: ebtnut on September 14, 2011, 10:21:02 PM
a slide-valve, pre-USRA 0-6-0 switcher; a Ma and Pa early 2-8-0;

These would be very nice to have.  :)

By "early" for the Ma & Pa engine, I presume you also mean an engine with slide valves?

ebtnut

Jeff - Yes, the early Baldwins, Nos. 23-26.  PFM did them in brass early on, well before they did No. 43 with the Elesco FWH. 

Johnson Bar Jeff

Quote from: ebtnut on September 15, 2011, 03:42:02 PM
Jeff - Yes, the early Baldwins, Nos. 23-26.  PFM did them in brass early on, well before they did No. 43 with the Elesco FWH. 

I believe I've seen pictures of those PFM models somewhere. As I mentioned previously, I think engines such as these would make nice companions to the Richmond Americans or the new Moguls.

Steam is King

Orange County, Ventura Railroad, Baldwin 2-6-2! C'mon Mr. Bachmann. This engine cannot be passed up. We need a Spectrum Prairie! This is the perfect engine to model! Just make sure that the headlight is centered on the smoke box door, not sitting on top of the smoke box!

Johnson Bar Jeff

Above the smokebox door but not on top of the smokebox would be nice, too.

santafe

These are the engines that I'd like to see:
ATSF 1800 class 2-6-2
ATSF 3400 class 4-6-2
ATSF 900 class 2-10-2
ATSF 5011 class 2-10-4
ATSF 4000 class 2-8-2

RAM

The Santa Fe locomotives that I don't think have ever been produced are the                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 ATSF 3450 class 4-6-4

ATSF 5001 class 2-10-4
ATSF 4000 class 2-8-2 

Doneldon

RAM-

All three of the Santa Fe locos you mentioned are available in brass.
They've even been made by multiple manufacturers so you can pick
the ones you like.
                               -- D

richg

Forget more locos. Just improve the quality of the ones already being produced.

Rich