ANY NEW FACTORY STEAM LOCOS WITH DCC AND SOUND

Started by darticus, September 29, 2011, 02:27:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darticus

I really don't know whats available but thought I would ask to see if people on this site might know. I have a Walthers Heritage steam loco with DCC and sound and a Athearn Challenger with DCC and sound. Both great trains and nice factory built steam locos. Are there any other new or older factory steam locos available. Are any new steam locos coming out soon. Thanks for all your help. Ron

ACY

Trix:
Steam Class 44 Ol 2-10-0 Loco, Era III, Powered w/DCC/SX, Sound -- German Federal Railroad
Steam Class 50 2-10-0 w/Box Tender & Wagner Smoke Deflectors - Sound & DCC -- German State Railroad DR (Era II, black, red)

Proto 2000:
PROTO N Heritage Steam Collection Y3 2-8-8-2 w/Sound and DCC

Broadway Limited Imports:
001 PRR M1a 4-8-2, #6743, Paragon2 Sound/DC/DCC, N Scale

darticus

Thanks for this list. I will have to do some searching for these. Wonder if they are still available? Ron

Quote from: ACY on September 30, 2011, 01:06:06 PM
Trix:
Steam Class 44 Ol 2-10-0 Loco, Era III, Powered w/DCC/SX, Sound -- German Federal Railroad
Steam Class 50 2-10-0 w/Box Tender & Wagner Smoke Deflectors - Sound & DCC -- German State Railroad DR (Era II, black, red)

Proto 2000:

skipgear

Quote from: darticus on September 30, 2011, 02:01:35 PM
Thanks for this list. I will have to do some searching for these. Wonder if they are still available? Ron

Quote from: ACY on September 30, 2011, 01:06:06 PM
Trix:

Proto 2000:

Not sure on the Trix but don't bother on the others...

The Walthers 2-8-8-2's were sold out before they hit the shelves 3 years ago. You may be able to find a used one or maybe hanging around tucked back in the corner of an obscure shop someplace.

The BLI loco is the biggest example of vaporware to every come to N scale. They were announced originally as Precision Craft close to 8 years ago and have been pushed back, and pushed back, and pushed back, and promised, and pushed back to the point that I think I will be dead by the time they arrive and I'm in my early 40's.
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950

skipgear

There is one comming that I forgot about.....

Intermountain has the SP cab forwards coming with sound. They are still on the TBD list so they may not happen until the current batch without sound is sold out.

http://www.intermountain-railway.com/newsncomingsoon.html
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950

Jose luis

Hola
que bonita foto enviaste , yo no se mucho de locomotoras pero lo que enviaste es muy bueno
slds
jose luis

ACY

Jose, said something like your picture was beautiful but he does not know much about locomotives.