News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Dear Mr. Bachmann

Started by Matthew.H, October 20, 2011, 02:56:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheeky_ULP

I know little about the Australian market, sorry. I do use eBay, Antics Online, and eHattons a lot though. Whenever browsing with them, check if the store (in eBays case, the seller) ships to Australia. I wouldn't doubt it since they shipped to me in the US.  :)

Matthew.H

Ok
Would you recommend waiting till they do update Thomas, to then buy it or not?

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: Matthew.H on October 21, 2011, 11:03:52 PM
Ok
Would you recommend waiting till they do update Thomas, to then buy it or not?
There's no confirmation that they'll even update Thomas, Percy, and James anytime soon, so I would just assume one is not in the near future for now.

It's an interesting idea though, as nowadays prototypes are first designed with computers, so the Large scale models bodies could be scaled down to OO and then given OO appropriate chassis. 

Matthew.H

You are Amazing Great Idea :D But maybe not the CGI face because the classics look better :p

So I should  :-\  I like Thomas but he needs a few things :)

Matthew.H

Hi Bach-mann Collectors  ;D

My mum and I have had a talk yesterday about Thomas and all and I decided to Buy a Hornby Flying Scotsman because it is my Favourite Train.
But any way Thomas will be my 3rd Train :) and I have an idea for him :D

Because Thomas has the hook thing at the front and the back i thought maybe i could use a chain or something to couple instead of the default coupler given by Bachmann. Not to mention this would also solve the problem of not having a front coupler :)......But :(
Annie and Clarabel do not have this hook on the front or the back :(.
Would it be worth trying to get another 4 hooks, 2 for Annie, 2 for Clarabel.  :-\

Does my idea sound good or not?

Thanks,
Matthew.H       

Cheeky_ULP

I wouldn't do it. It'd be cheaper and easier just to shave off some of the front then glue a hook/loop coupler to where it's align with other hook/loop couplers.

Matthew.H

What about A Screw-Link Coupler instead? (for all Sodor Engine and Annie and Clarabel front and back for all)

Cheeky_ULP

Personally I find it and 3-Link to be way too fiddly for OO scale.

Matthew.H

Would you be able to help me sparks? I'm going to go ahead with the couplings because it will make it look more accurate. But before I do anything Which of the two couplings do Thomas and Friends use in the TV Series? 3-Link..or Screw-Link? Then where do I get them? BTW My mum can't pay over seas meaning I can only buy on eBay from people in Australia :(
Also Does any one know where I can get better hooks preferably Metal that Bachmanns Plastic ones?
And again ::) Where will I find Sprung loaded buffers?

Thanks answers very much appreciated :)
Matthew.H :)

AJWPRODUCTIONS

Quote from: Matthew.H on October 23, 2011, 07:54:29 AM
Would you be able to help me sparks? I'm going to go ahead with the couplings because it will make it look more accurate. But before I do anything Which of the two couplings do Thomas and Friends use in the TV Series? 3-Link..or Screw-Link?
They used both, the coaches and trucks use 3 link chain, and the engines use screw link couplings.

Hope this helps. :).

AJW98Productions

Matthew.H

Thanks I hope you Studyed this well I'm. Trusting you.
Please anyone help me out answer some of the question I asked above.

J70

If I were you I'd go for Kadee Couplings. Whilst getting them fitted at first may be a hassle, the fact they're less obtrusive, and work better, than the Tension Lock couplings they are supplied with is a bonus.

It's what I plan to do, apart from having cosmetic 3 links on locomotives and at the end of rakes. (Aiming to use fixed rakes for my layout)

Jack

Cheeky_ULP

I have stock with 3 link couplings, and it gets complicated with coaches, bogie wagons, and diesel locos easily. It's more hassle than it's worse; as Jack said, I too am going with Kadee (knuckle couplers).

AJWPRODUCTIONS

Quote from: Matthew.H on October 23, 2011, 08:47:16 AM
Thanks I hope you Studyed this well.
I have I've looked it up and have a keen eye for the detail on couplings.

Matthew.H

Thank-You all but does any 1 know a Hobbies store in Australia, Melbourne were they customize models?