News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann turntable

Started by Maverick1, November 03, 2011, 09:20:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maverick1

Does anyone know if there is a good roundhouse kit that works with the Bachmann turntable?
I know that the degrees between the tracks is important.

czechwizard

I got both Atlas and Walthers Roundhouses and they work very well with the turntable.

jward

one of our members here, i think it was jerrysHO, used an atlas roundhouse with the bachmann turntable. the atlas house has its stalls spaced 15 degrees apart, the bachmann turntable tracks are 20 degrees apart. he had to cut the roundhouse stalls apart, and add filler walls and roof sections between the stalls to get the proper spacing.

here is the link to the thread.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,17942.0.html
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Jerrys HO

Maverick1

jward is correct, modifications have to be done to make any other roundhouse work other than the Tidmouth shed. I'll have to post more pics when I get time as it's 90% complete.

Jerry

on30gn15

Have one of these and for a couple years have casually been looking for a turntable to go with it http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/405-39452 "Kibri
3-Stall Roundhouse/Engine Shed Perfect for vintage or shortline operations, this three-stall brick roundhouse holds steam or diesel locos up to 8-5/8" (22cm) long. "

The walls are put together and actually hanging on the wall via a back corner over a nail.

Wonder how you'd measure the track angle, anyone got ideas?
When all esle fials, go run trains
Screw the Rivets, I'm building for Atmosphere!
later, Forrest

jward

from the looks of things, the front wall is angled between the stalls. i asswume the back wall is as well. place the angled joint between wall sections on a protractor, that should give you an idea of what the angle is.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Maverick1

Thanks jward have order the atlas roundhouse and will give it a shot.  Like working on the building and winter is coming.