News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Tenders????

Started by andrechapelon, November 12, 2011, 04:22:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrechapelon

What's the scoop? Separate tenders supposedly haven't been available for some time. However, I walked into my favorite train store yesterday and saw a couple of Medium Vanderbilts just begging to be adopted, so I adopted one. These tenders were not in the old black boxes, but the newer red ones (which waste a lot of volume by containing mostly air).

Speak, oh great pooh-bah. Are separate tenders going to be available again or were these manufactured  by a small cabal of disgruntled employees in an effort to thumb their noses at the suits in the front office? If the latter, give those employees a raise and a promotion.

Andre

richg

Quote from: andrechapelon on November 12, 2011, 04:22:23 PM
What's the scoop? Separate tenders supposedly haven't been available for some time. However, I walked into my favorite train store yesterday and saw a couple of Medium Vanderbilts just begging to be adopted, so I adopted one. These tenders were not in the old black boxes, but the newer red ones (which waste a lot of volume by containing mostly air).

Speak, oh great pooh-bah. Are separate tenders going to be available again or were these manufactured  by a small cabal of disgruntled employees in an effort to thumb their noses at the suits in the front office? If the latter, give those employees a raise and a promotion.

Andre

Dude, all the stuff comes out of China.

Pencil pushers. aka, bean counters decide on what Bachmann will import.
I suspect there are very few model railroaders involved in what is sold and produced.

Realize, The Bach Man is only a figurehead. He tells us what Bachamnn lets him tell us.

There have been issues with the Bachmann tenders in the past, mostly wiring. I am quite sure there are other issues which Bachmann will not discuss openly. They do not want the competition knowing what is happening.

Rich

Pacific Northern

The tenders in the red packaging are not new.

The red boxes were available before the announcement that the tenders had been discontinued.

Your hobby shop simply has new old stock available. If you check the various on-line model railroad outlets you will find a few with the tenders available.
Pacific Northern

andrechapelon

Quote from: Pacific Northern on November 12, 2011, 05:06:42 PM
The tenders in the red packaging are not new.

The red boxes were available before the announcement that the tenders had been discontinued.

Your hobby shop simply has new old stock available. If you check the various on-line model railroad outlets you will find a few with the tenders available.

That may well be the case although the hobbyshop owner claimed they were recent arrivals (never known him to lie). Perhaps there were some left at the distributor.

Doesn't matter, really. I wanted an SP style medium Vanderbilt and managed to score one. Perhaps I should return for the other one. It looked so lonely when I left it on the shelf.

Now if I could only score another 160C (the misnamed "Hicken" tender).

Andre

andrechapelon

Quote from: richg on November 12, 2011, 05:03:47 PM
Quote from: andrechapelon on November 12, 2011, 04:22:23 PM

Andre

Dude, all the stuff comes out of China.

Pencil pushers. aka, bean counters decide on what Bachmann will import.
I suspect there are very few model railroaders involved in what is sold and produced.

Realize, The Bach Man is only a figurehead. He tells us what Bachamnn lets him tell us.

There have been issues with the Bachmann tenders in the past, mostly wiring. I am quite sure there are other issues which Bachmann will not discuss openly. They do not want the competition knowing what is happening.

Rich

Dude, you are aware that facetious does not refer to the followers of Benito Mussolini, aren't you?

I was being facetious about the origin of the tenders. Regardless of the true explanation, it was nice to find a couple brand new in box.

Nonetheless, I think it was a mistake to drop separate tenders.

Andre

Pacific Northern

I picked up a half dozen Hicken tenders from the Favorite Spot on e-bay back when they were blowing them out at low prices.

I bid a bunch of them and as I remember paid $10-$12 per tender. Never did get around to converting them.
Pacific Northern

the Bach-man

Dear All,
Separate sale tenders were not a big seller and were removed from the catalog.
They are still available from dealers who bought them when available.
Have fun!
the Bach-man