News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

e-z- track

Started by weilerha, November 15, 2011, 10:44:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weilerha

This is a very basic question, but as I am using e-z- track for the first time, what is the best way to attach it to the platform? I have seen a glue application, but I'm not sure that I want to committ to a permanent layout.

Harry

jonathan

Weilerha,

I might suggest using a clear silicon gel or similar type of caulk.  This will provide a strong enough bond to hold the roadbed to the platform (plywood?).  If/when you decide to change the track plan, you will be able to gently pry up the track without damaging it.  I have used the gel to mount motors to locomotive frames.  Holds everything in place, yet can be removed later for adjustment.

I haven't tried it, but I have thought about using small, thin wood screws to mount ez-track.  This would also allow you to move the track later, without too much fuss.

Just a couple of suggestions.

Regards,

Jonathan

weilerha

Thanks Jonathon,

Yes, it is plywood (very old school). sounds like a good way to go with the silicone gel.

Doneldon

weil-

Make absolutely certain that the adhesive you use is plastic compatible.

-- D

the Bach-man

Dear Weil,
I have had excellent results using hot glue. It holds the track until I want to move it, at which point it can be pried up with no damage to the track.
Have fun!
the Bach-man