News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Brand New HO System not Running

Started by dcep44, November 25, 2011, 02:56:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dcep44

Hello,

I just opened my box today, opened up my set, put the tracks together (made sure they were all connected properly, etc) and attempted to run the Engine on the track. I get a light on the engine, and the front 4 wheels do move, however the back four are not moving. Is that normal?

I try to guide the engine around the oval and will not move on its on for more then 1 second approx. Can anyone help me please?

Thank you!

jonathan

Used ?  New?  What brand of trains?  Check that the wires are connected to the DC side of the power pack, and NOT the AC.

Regards,

Jonathan

Doneldon

dcep-

Many older or less expensive diesels have only one powered truck so it may be normal for one to only turn when it is being moved down the track by the other one. That four wheels are working but the loco is still not moving might be a concern. Do the wheels turn when the loco is actually on the track or only when you hold it up and apply power to the wheels using wires from the power pack
                                                                                                                      -- D