News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

wiring switches

Started by jlear, November 28, 2011, 02:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jlear

I am new to the use of electric switches, the e-z track system I have has four switches and I don't want to wire them wrong and blow something up. any help would be appreciated. Thanks Jrl

mf5117

connect the control boxes together, side by side....then connect the  fixed (or accessory) AC from the power pack to the control box on the end (left).  Then wire each box to one turnout with the three wire cable.  Bachmann publishes a very nice book that explains all about working with EZ Track....and has plans for several layouts.  Your Local Hobby Shop should have it.  Good Luck.

jlear

Thanks for the info, it was a great help.

mf5117

Thanks I was lost as well . You gang them together , will be male prongs on the left and female prongs on the rightside of the switch ,join them altogether .Then take your green 3 wire connector cable "I also believe they come with extention cables the green ones" from your turnout to your switch box . Then take the 2 wire red cable and go from the farthest left switch to your accessory side of your controller . the cables are unsightly but you can , if your layout is permanent slot holes in your table and run your wires underneath to your switches and controller . I had at first a couple of the cables running under a few pcs of ez track on the layout when I first started and had uncoupling problems because of the hump . You can take a small file and notch a spot in the road bed  if need be . hope this helps happy holidays

jlear

Thanks again, all hooked up and running fine. Happy Holidays to you also.