News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Help Needed

Started by MamaBear, December 13, 2011, 12:51:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MamaBear

Greetings, I know very little about model trains but I am buying a starter set for my husband for Christmas.  Can anyone tell me the time period of the locomotives in the Bachmann Digital Commander Deluxe Set?

Thank you

MilwaukeeRoadfan261

The FT (the red and silver one) with the set is of the Transition era when railroads were switching from steam engines to diesels and the GP-40 (the blue and yellow one) that also comes with the set is of the 1970's/modern era. The box car is of the 40's and 50's, the caboose is more modern and the CSX coal hopper is also a more modern as well. Hope this helps you out.

Doneldon

Mom-

The era represented by that set is the transition era, as mentioned by Milw261. Don't worry that some of the older cars might be anachronistic; railroads commonly run cars which are up to 30-50 years old. Government requirements for cars change periodically, especially those for brakes and wheels/trucks, but the railrods are happy to update their older cars because the revisions are much cheaper than building or buying a whole new car.
                                                                                                            -- D