News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

FA2/FB2

Started by slsfrr, December 30, 2011, 03:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slsfrr

Is New York Centeral FB2 STOCK# - BACU6414, MFG# - 64802, a sound and motion decoder equipped model? I am having a difficult time finding out. I do not have the locomotive in my possession.

Thanks,
Jerome

richg

Quote from: slsfrr on December 30, 2011, 03:09:53 PM
Is New York Centeral FB2 STOCK# - BACU6414, MFG# - 64802, a sound and motion decoder equipped model? I am having a difficult time finding out. I do not have the locomotive in my possession.

Thanks,
Jerome

Spend a few minutes in the Product Information section here. Not a difficult time at all. I just did.

Rich

slsfrr

Rich,

I looked earlier and all I found for MFG # 64802 was, "Bachmann is pleased to offer the FB2 with all new tooling available in DCC-ready and DCC sound-equipped models." It does not tell us if it is sound or not. Maybe you saw that also since you said you just looked?

Jerome
OKC

railtwister

Walthers website had this to say:

160-64802: "Diesel Alco FB-2 - Standard DC -- New York Central......Price: $95.00"

Like everyone else, Walthers has occasionally made mistakes in their listings, but I think they are generally quite reliable.

Bill in FL

jward

it appears 64802 is dc, 64902 is dcc sound. the price should be a dead giveaway, with the sound models significantly more expensive.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA