Bachmann Remote Left or Right Turnout (NON-dcc)

Started by datasys, December 31, 2011, 01:06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

datasys

Can anyone provide information needed to decide whether to buy the MRC 0001628 STATIONARY Accessory Decoder units for use on automating the Bachmann EZ track Left or Right REMOTE turnouts (the old NON-DCC) ones.  I have 37 left and 44 right turnouts and they are all the original non-dcc ones that came with and an attached green cable(3 wire).  I have just purchased an MRC PRODIGY Advance 2 dcc system which can program the MRC 0001628 accessory decoder.  I would like to keep my layout as is and simply cut the end of the plug on the left and right turnouts and plug them into the accessory switch 0001628.  This MRC product can automate 4 turnouts per accessory unit and makes routing of turnouts easy.  So if i can use my many backmann turnouts with this decoder i will save lots of money by NOT having to replace these 81 turnouts at $37.00+ each, since the decoder ($54)does 4 turnouts i can save a substantial amount of money.  Buying all new Bachmann DCC turnouts at $37+ each (well over $3000.00) is NOT an option, if this were the case i would have to get rid of the bachmann track and go with atlas track.

Is anyone out there using these original non-dcc turnouts in a dcc environment and using decoders or other means of controlling them other than the original bachmann wires and manual switches?  By that i mean automated process Withoutthe use of MANUAL toggles or switches!!!

hawaiiho

I believe, if you want a large degree of automation, JMRI is probably  a very good  way to go.

http://jmri.sourceforge.net/

My understanding, unfortunately,  is  that  MRC is not compatible with JMRI by MRC's choice.

You might contact MRC. They might have a solution.