News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

E-Z command and Electric Momentum

Started by petermac, July 19, 2007, 10:17:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petermac

I have just purchased an E-Z Command and two Bachmann locomotives, a GP 35 (60704) and a GP 40 (60306).  The E-Z Command manual refers to electric momentum and how the acceleration and stopping will be realistic.  The DVD shows this effect in action.

My two locomotives dont appear to exhibit this behavior.  They quickly accelerate to full speed and stop abruptly.  They dont behave as the trains on the DVD.

Is this normal for these locomotives or do I need to activate a function to get electric momentum behaviour.

Thanks
Peter

WoundedBear

The EZC isn't capable of making changes to the CV's that control momentum. You are stuck with the factory setting, unless you can find someone....a friend, or a club....that has a more sophisticated system that can tweak the CV's. The decoder is capable.....it's the EZC that's not.

Your other thread about unlocking features you found on the Bmann UK site is related to this one. The UK has the Dynamis system. A wireless and programmable DCC system that, so far, is not available in North America.

Sid

petermac

Quote from: WoundedBear on July 19, 2007, 10:45:42 AM
The EZC isn't capable of making changes to the CV's that control momentum. You are stuck with the factory setting, unless you can find someone....a friend, or a club....that has a more sophisticated system that can tweak the CV's. The decoder is capable.....it's the EZC that's not.

Sid

Thanks for the reply.  I was expecting the default settings to be a little more realistic.  Is there a document that describes what the factory settings are?

WoundedBear

Check this site, under EZ Command....the decoder manual is in a .pdf for dload.

Sid

Jake

Am I the only one who finds it odd that the video shows a feature that can not be used by the typical EZ-Command user? Silly Bachmann!  :P
Co Admin/Founder of the North American Narrow Gauge Modelers!
http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/northamericanna.html
www.myspace.com/vfb1210

JIMMY!! HAFF AR LODE JUST DROPPED LOOS!!!

petermac

Quote from: Jake on July 19, 2007, 10:51:17 PM
Am I the only one who finds it odd that the video shows a feature that can not be used by the typical EZ-Command user? Silly Bachmann!  :P

I seems strange to me. It's on the DVD and in the manual yet it doesn't work by default with Bachmanns own DCC on board locos.  How did Bachmann expect it to work if you need to change the acceleration CV from its default, something you cant do with the E-Z command.

Haven't other E-Z Command users had this problem?

Jake

*Raises Hand* I had the problem, but I don't use EZ-Command anymore. (I'm not using anything at the moment!) I'm getting a Digitrax (note the one "x") Super Empire Builder for my first permanent layout.
Co Admin/Founder of the North American Narrow Gauge Modelers!
http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/northamericanna.html
www.myspace.com/vfb1210

JIMMY!! HAFF AR LODE JUST DROPPED LOOS!!!