News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachman service Dept.

Started by railnut49, January 12, 2012, 12:06:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

railnut49

Has anyone had problems getting a response from the service department? I sent in a loco for repair, and after some time wrote and asked the status of the locomotive. I have recieved nothing back from the service department. Does anyone else have the same problem? I spent well over $125.00 on an N scale steam engine, and am worried as to whether or not I will ever see it again. It's insured, but I hate to have to go that route.

Doneldon

rn-

The Bachmann service department is usually quite on the ball. I believe the disappointment you are experiencing with them is due to the time of year. Bachmann moves a lot of merchandise at Christmas and the intervening two weeks have given lots of kiddies (and adults) time to break their new trains or get confused by them. Things can get pretty hairy in Filthadelphia from Thanksgiving into February. About the only advice I can give you is to be patient and don't assume that the delayed response means Bachmann doesn't care about their customers.
                                                                                                                     -- D

Pacific Northern

I sent in a note to the service department after Christmas explaining that a new Bachmann sound engine was missing some pieces  and seemed to have extra pieces in plastic bags. Never heard back but given the time of year I imagaine they must be swampled. I will wait a few weeks and them contact them again.

At other times of the year I have contacted them and received a response very quickly.

Be patient.
Pacific Northern

Jerrys HO

I have sent a couple of items back.
One was sent before x-mas and turnaround was so quick it felt like I just mailed it the day before. The other one was sent back after x-mas and yes it took about a month past the time I was told. I did not call to bother them as I had a feeling it was due to high demand after x-mas.
Believe me the service dept. has your order and is working hard to meet everyone's needs at this time of year. Who knows they may have had to order part's from there main warehouse.
Just be patient and it will come.

Jerry

dkmoss

Appears you are experiencing the same problem that I am.  I sent back a Williams O-scale pink girls train steam engine that arrived at Bachmann on November 22 when they sent me a post card saying it would take 4 weeks to get it back.  I have left a message on their answering machine, emailed customer service, and sent two letters to them.  No communication from them.  I contacted the dealer that I bought the train yesterday and he emailed someone he knew at Bachmann.  Nothing yet, but hope they carry through soon.

The dealer did say that as mentioned that they are busy before Christmas and the month of January they are doing inventory.  At least we are all experiencing the same thing even though it is not comforting. :(