Ho slot car Bachmann EZ track intersection

Started by faltacht, January 19, 2012, 04:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

faltacht

Hello All,

My question is ... is there such a thing as a Bachmann EZ track train/HO slot car intersection? 

richg

Not that I am aware of.
Life Like sells a HO scale set with the crossing. If you can find the crossing you might fit it into the EZ Track setup.
Older crossings show up on ebay.
A brother of mine had one many years ago.
Use your imagination to connect one to the EZ track. That is the fun of model rilorading.

Rich

GoCanes

Use the Life Like, easilly compatable with EZ track (or use short pieces of regular code 100 to join intersection and EZ track.

BTW, Life Like makes an adapter slot car
track which allows you to mix the intersection with AFX/Auto World HO slot track (the best and most available HO car track)

phillyreading

Tyco made an H.O. road crossing for use with regular H.O. train track a few years ago. I have a small H.O. layout with a few of the old Aroura race cars from the 1960's.
Tyco or Life-Like would be your best bet at finding a crossing, then use the older style H.O. train track or a connecting piece to hook-up with the crossing.

Lee F.

GoCanes

BTW, when your Mega G's and Thunder Jets hit the locomotive, the loco flies off the tracks.  Kinda different from real life car/train collisions.

phillyreading

Quote from: GoCanes on January 24, 2012, 09:28:08 AM
BTW, when your Mega G's and Thunder Jets hit the locomotive, the loco flies off the tracks.  Kinda different from real life car/train collisions.
But who wants to crash an antigue H.O. car into an H.O. train?
I have derailed an empty boxcar with an H.O. race car, used a beat-up Tyco car.

Lee F.

GoCanes

Quote from: phillyreading on January 24, 2012, 10:27:39 AM
Quote from: GoCanes on January 24, 2012, 09:28:08 AM
But who wants to crash an antigue H.O. car into an H.O. train?
I have derailed an empty boxcar with an H.O. race car, used a beat-up Tyco car.

Lee F.

Yiou can still get Mega G's and thunder jets.  Not all are antique.   ;)  But yes, who would want to crash a $35 Mega G into a $100+ loco?   (Kids, probably)