News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New to Bachmann, need assitance.

Started by Segmaster, July 25, 2007, 03:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Segmaster

Hello all. I am new to this forum and model railroading altogether. I have always loved trains though, and I have finally decided to create a four by eight layout.

I have the Digital Commander starter set with two engines, and I have designed a layout that needs 10 remote turnouts. However, after deciding on the type of turnout I need, I can't figure out how to wire them to my layout, as my DCC controller from Bachmann has no accessory ports on it.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Stuart

Segmaster

SteamGene

Why not buy an inexpensive power pack and use the AC connectors on it?  As a rule, a lot of people use manual throws for all turnouts that are easy to reach. 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Segmaster

Does anyone know of a good power pack I could use?
I tried searching the web, but no luck.

As for the manual turnouts, I have one that came with my set, but I couldn't find any for sale on this site or in the Bachmann catalog.

brad

Segmaster,

Try your LHS or a train show swap meet to find a used power pack. You could always try the internet auction site. If there is a local club talk to them to see if anyone has one for sale. I purchased 3 at our annual show for a buck. They were train set stuff but good enough to power lights and turnouts.

Good hunting, brad
I drempt, I planned, I'm building