News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Baldwin 2-8-0 problem

Started by innes, July 27, 2007, 12:56:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

innes

Hey everyone! Recently I purchased the Santa Fe set from the local model store which included a Baldwin 2-8-0 with onboard DCC.  Just to make sure the engine worked, they connected it to the in store model layout to test it to see if it worked on both DC and DCC.  (They were really thoughtful!)
Currently I use it on a small temporary DC layout.  For the week I've had it everything has been running smoothly until tonight when I came to run it around the track, there was this terrible grinding/squeaking noise whenever the train moved forward.  The noise does not happen when it is in reverse.  I know for sure it is coming from the wheels.  I checked the bottom and nothing is sticking out and interfering with the tracks.  Unfortunately I think it is an internal problem.  Any suggestions on what to do?

Jake

I had the exact same problem with my (currently disabled) Connie. It got so bad I just couldn't run it because the noise was too unbearable. What set did yours come with? Frontiersman or Explorer? (Mine was an Explorer.)
Co Admin/Founder of the North American Narrow Gauge Modelers!
http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/northamericanna.html
www.myspace.com/vfb1210

JIMMY!! HAFF AR LODE JUST DROPPED LOOS!!!

lanny

My 'uneducated guess' is that you have an internal gear binding problem which can only be taken care of properly by Bachmann service. Call Bridget and set up a return. You'll get a nice, brand spanking new one in return, probably.

lanny nicolet
ICRR Steam & "Green Diamond" era modeler