Rail-Bus reversing,using Bachmann DCC command control?

Started by cam2tom, April 27, 2012, 03:04:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cam2tom

Hi,I have a Rail-Bus car,a Command control center,lots of Bachmann track. Can I use the Bachmann auto-reversing module to have my little rail-bus unit ravel back and forth around my kitchen cabinets?
Thanks Tom ::)

Hamish K

If you are thinking of  the DCC automatic reversing loop module made by Bachmann that does not reverse the direction of travel, it enables a reversing  loop to be installed without special wiring. A reversing loop is where the track loops back on itself and is connected to the original track by a turnout. A loco running around the loop ends up travelling in the opposite direction when it reaches the original track. If you want ti shuttle backwards and forwards automatically on one bit of track there are DCC modules to do this made by other makers. Bachmann does make a set to do this, but this is not DCC, it requires special track (provided in the set and available separately)  and comes with its own controller.

Any device should work with the rail-bus, which comes with a dual mode DC/DCC decoder.

Hamish

NarrowMinded

Your wording "Around" is where the question is a little muddy

Yes your railbus should work on the auto reversing (the vehicle reverses direction)track like the bachmann trolley that goes forward and backword automatically, as long as the decoder is still set to run on DC and dcc (factory default)

And yes your rail bus will work with the Reversing loop module (the polarity of the track power is changed as the vehicle leave or enters the loop) mentioned by Hamish as long as you set up the track correctly.

NM-Jeff

railtwister

Hi cam2tom,

The Bachmann Reversing Module is only for use with DCC control to control the RAIL polarity in a reverse loop or a Wye, and when properly used with DCC, it will not change the direction of a loco or railbus when it activates. It will only prevent a short circuit on the rails when the loco crosses the gaps and enters the controlled section of track. It also will not function properly with a non-decoder locomotive, which will lurch back and forth when the loco tries to enter the controlled track section. If you are looking to run in a straight line and automatically reverse the loco's  direction at either end of the line, like the Bachmann Trolley set which only works on straight DC, then the DCC reverse module is not what you need. Probably the easiest way to do this would be to use regular DC control and the Bachmann trolley unit & tracks. Other companies make electronic reversers for straight DC control as well.

Bill in FL