News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Once again, HO Scale Acela Business Car?

Started by Sparky66, July 10, 2012, 01:32:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sparky66

I'm running extremely late on getting an HO Scale Acela set, I finally decided today to order one, but I want to be able to make up the complete train.  I did a search to see if this question was asked recently and it wasn't, it was asked in like 2007 or so.  So my question is..

Where the heck is the HO Scale Acela Business car?  I don't see it on Bachmann's website, and every online store I have checked either says, discontinued, out of stock or they don't even display it.

Please I just purchased my Acela set and the End business car, but I'm not paying $$$ if I'm not going to be able to have a complete accurate set.

So, Bach-Man..  are these sadly gone, no longer available?  Please answer ASAP, so that I know to cancel my order for the set and car that I just placed.

Thanks.

ripvanwnkl

I recommend trying Favorite Spot in Texas, online or ebay which sometimes pulls individual cars from sets for sale.  The stand-alone Acela business car is Bachman Spectrum #89943.  Depending on date of run, road # can be 3517 or 3530, no way to tell from box label.  One of the road #s from a set is 3504. 

Good luck.  It took me a couple of years to get two complete Acela Express sets and  I wasn't able to get all different road numbers for the six business cars. 
Dave
USAF (Retired)

jonathan

Sparky,

Don't give up on your search.  Once I acquired the Acela set, it took a couple of years to get the three extra cars needed for a complete train.  I found one in a junk box at an old hobby store.  It needed new couplers. Two more were found at other hobby stores, quite by accident.  The extra cars do turn up on eBay from time-to-time.

It may take a while, but I'm confident you'll find them eventually.

Regards,

Jonathan

Sparky66

So, if I want a response from Bachmann, where do I need to post it at??

Anyways, I cancelled both my orders.  But one of the company's I ordered from contacted me back and asked what I was looking for, so I told him, and he said his distributor had 3 in stock, so I re did my order, and ordered 2 of the business cars and 1 end business car, now I just need to go back and order the Acela set lol

Bucksco

The following separate sale cars are listed in the 2012 Bachmann catalog:
Item 89941 - Cafe Acela
Item 89942 - First Class Car
Item 89944 - End-Business Class Car

These items are currently in our warehouse and available to any retailer who wishes to order them.

Sparky66

Quote from: Yardmaster on July 12, 2012, 08:02:13 AM
The following separate sale cars are listed in the 2012 Bachmann catalog:
Item 89941 - Cafe Acela
Item 89942 - First Class Car
Item 89944 - End-Business Class Car

These items are currently in our warehouse and available to any retailer who wishes to order them.

But that doesn't answer my question as to the discontinued 89943, Business Class Car.  Like is it discontinued or just temp. out of stock?

Lucky I was able to find 2 of them, and of course they have the same road number, but at least I have them.

the Bach-man

Dear Sparky,
It's out of stock.  No decision has been made on whether to continue future production.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

N_Studios

I sure hope they're re-released! I have an Acela train with both locomotives, the cafe car, the first class car, and one business class car, and I REALLY want to have a complete train! (Hopefully I'll be able to get all of the roadnumbers right too!) As of right now, I'm only 2 Business Class cars, one End Business Class car, and a bunch of new coupler rods short of a complete Acela train! (1 short coupler rod and 3 long coupler rods, to be exact.)

But still, I've been trying to get a complete Acela train for YEARS! Consumers who aspire of something like this NEED these cars available to them!