News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

ho train set

Started by Bruce E, August 09, 2012, 10:50:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce E

I have a Shopko Express ho electric train set new in box from Bachmann. I wonder if someone can tell me something about this item?

Jerrys HO

Bruce you probably know more than most of us since you have the box and instructions. Read the box and instructions.

Jerry

Doneldon

Bruce-

I expect that part of what you want to know is value. The answer is little or nothing. Old trains are worth very little, especially old trains in train sets. They were the cheapest items at the time with the least detail (particularly if compared to today) and the worst operating characteristics. They weren't worth much when new and they are worth a LOT less now. Virtually all of the stories you have heard about someone putting a kid through college or going on a world cruise with the proceeds of the sale of an old train are either myths or lies.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            -- D