News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Alco Mogul 2-6-0 Soundvalu

Started by dj, August 23, 2012, 11:11:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dj

I purchased this engine and I am using the MRC Prodigy express controller. I am trying to change the address on the main and it won't let me. I am able to change the address on every other engine I have except this one. I think it is an engine issue because the control doesn't blink the send message to me once I change it.  I am able to control the engine with the default address it came with I just can't change it. Is anyone out there using the same controller? Has anyone had problems with these engines? If anyone has any ideas let me know. Any help is appreciated.

MilwaukeeRoadfan261

I too use the MRC Prodigy Express and haven't had that problem with my engines. Not even the 2 British engines I have. I experience a differant roblem when I first got my Prodigy Express where I programmed an new address to a Bachmann GP40 I have and I messed something up and couldn't find the address. Eventually I did manage to find the address and get it changed to the engines cab number of 3501. My problem with my controller at that time was more user error. And are you pushing the PROG button twice so the screen says program on main? And if the engine didn't get the address change, you should still be able to run the locomotive with the factory default address of 3.

timhar47

I dont have MRC, I have an NCE, but I have that engine - love it - and was able to program it to 3236 ok.