a new Steel alloy track Remote Turnout E-Z Track and it's half dead

Started by union pacific 844, August 30, 2012, 12:17:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

union pacific 844

i just got a new   Steel alloy track Remote Turnout E-Z Track and it's half dead with no  power what  can i do to fix it?

Joe Satnik

Dear UP,

More info, please.

What is your source of power to the rails? (Make and item number on label of source?)

What is your source of power to the twin coil solenoids (to change track directions remotely)?

What happens if you manually change the turnout to the straight route and run a train through?

What happens if you manually change the turnout to the curved route and run a train through?

What happens if you manually change the turnout to the straight route and try to switch it remotely to the curved route?

What happens if you manually change the turnout to the curved route and try to switch it remotely to the straight route?

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

union pacific 844

bachmann turnout works fine just half  gets track power and the rest is
dead  dc power  to tracks 

jward

the normal fix is to solder jumper wires between the rails of each track, right to right, left to left.   but you're using steel rail, which is difficult to solder to. perhaps you could solder wires to the rail joiners instead, and jumper them together?
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Ken G Price

Quote from: union pacific 844 on August 30, 2012, 12:28:44 PM
bachmann turnout works fine just half  gets track power and the rest is
dead  dc power  to tracks 

Do you mean only the rail on one side gets power?
Or do you mean that the diverging curved rout does not get power when the points are moved for it?
Or do you mean that there is no power after the frog on either end or rout?
Ken G Price N-Scale out west. 1995-1996 or so! UP, SP, MoPac.
Pictures Of My Layout, http://s567.photobucket.com/albums/ss115/kengprice/