News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HO Scale Crossing Gate

Started by bigjoe11a, September 13, 2012, 06:21:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjoe11a

Guys I been looking for the pre made crossing gate like this one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BACHMANN-CROSSING-GATE-AUTOMATIC-HO-SCALE-/360107693958?pt=Model_RR_Trains&hash=item53d8175786

How ever I can't find one for EZ Track that has crossing signals too. They seem to be in the old style track and not the newer track. I looked at what bachmann has. There's nothing at all. Does any one have an idea if they even make them.

I'm looking for one like the one on ebay. With both Signals and Gates. Any one have any ideas.

VidGuy069

A quick search of the on-line catalog found this part number.  44579
The downside to this is if the car is long the the gates will start to rise os the gap between the truck is over the sensors as well as the gap between the cars/

VidGuy069
Courage is being the only one who knows you're afraid.

Jhanecker2

The crossing gate uses the weight of the car to lower the gates and has no electronic sensors , also the signal lights are non-functional .   I know because  I own one  , bought it at Hobbytown in Schaumburg, IL  . If this works for you it is not a bad piece of equipment . If you want  more realism  it will cost  more money but it doable .  J2

bigjoe11a

Ok, Thanks for the information.

How ever that number 44579, is for the wrong one. The lights don't work.

Jhanecker2

The only other Bachmann crossing is # 42208 , does this allow you to electrify the signal lights and automate the crossing gates  ?   Your best bet is to acquire a copy of the Walthers reference catalog and look for products in their  signals & lighting section or their track section.  J2.

RAM

Do an internet search for  " HO Scale Crossing Gate"

Doneldon

joe-

You will find that operating crossing gates with lights and which operate under electronic controo are pretty expensive. Try using the weight-operated gates, which you can electrify to flash only when the gates are down, and blend them in to your existing scenery.
                                                                                                                                                           -- D

Dbmtrackside

The E-Z track gates will work after some enhancing as far as gettting the gates to stay down with little or no bounce.  Try adding some couter weights in the middle of the gate or drill under table, glue a piece of thread to the bottom of the long plastic piece that the train runs over.  Than clip on a small fishing lead split shot.  This will work but it will take patience in the placing of the counter weight.
D.B.M....
Nobody ever told you, how dark the sky could turn from blue
Nobody ever sold you, on more than one mistake
Nobody ever told you, how deep the water gets when you jump in !!!!

bigjoe11a

That sounds like a good idea. It's just that I was looking for one that has lights for the signals and a bell that sounds when a train goes by.