What happaned to Spectrum's online catalog

Started by digitalgriffin, September 14, 2012, 05:08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

digitalgriffin

I was looking for a particular model, and I just can't find it.  It seems a lot of trains are missing from the online catalog.

richg

Quote from: digitalgriffin on September 14, 2012, 05:08:38 PM
I was looking for a particular model, and I just can't find it.  It seems a lot of trains are missing from the online catalog.

Which one are you looking for?

Rich

rogertra

Quote from: richg on September 14, 2012, 10:02:39 PM
Quote from: digitalgriffin on September 14, 2012, 05:08:38 PM

Which one are you looking for?

Rich

The one he can't find?  ;D

digitalgriffin

Clicking on the catalog->HO section->steam reveals a rather paltry selection of non spectrum equipment.  They used to have a separate icon for Spectrum line equipment.

That leaves me to do a search, but I have to know what I'm looking for in advance to find it.

Is it true the only C&O Bachmann is producing is the H-4 2-6-6-2?

That would be somewhat sad if true.  I've only been in the hobby for roughly 8 years, but the C&O availability is the lowest I ever saw it.  Bachmann is one of the last holdouts of C&O steam.
:-(

Is interest in the C&O dieing?  They were one of the largest Class A companies back in the day.

ryeguyisme

There's still a ton of C&O engines flooding the Market, I doubt you'll see another steam production for C&O for a while unless they decide to produce an H-8 which has only been done in brass. Plus the market is flooded immensely with used brass C&O and B&O

I think you're going to see a shift towards more Midwest and western engines soon.

As far as eastern roads, PRR, NYC is overdone, NH has been done once in brass hybrid, B&M, MILW have nothing(alco B&M 2-6-0 doesn't really count because its not exact) N&W retooling might be occuring overseas possibly since they have options to build more different classes. EVERYONE is screaming for a DMIR yellowstone, even I would buy one. Going westward more, UP has obviously been overdone, SP has mikados and pacifics that could be done, a generic harriman style of both of those would be a hit.  GN, NP, WP, and SS&P have nothing done in plastic yet. DRGW has only two generic HO scale models, the alco challengers and the USRA 2-8-8-2's but they weren't big mainstays. They don't have anything else in plastic, N&W and a few other roads equipment like the yellowstones were used by DRGW, their Mountains were really unique and HEAVY.

PLUS we're waiting for a spectrum Heisler

C&O has had a lot of attention in plastic, just saying there's other roads choking for models to be done

barlojo1

Just a bit of FYI. The C&O (2-6-6-6) H-8 has been done in other than brass. Rivarossi did one in plastic, still available and previous run on Ebay. Also you my see the Arbour Models kit on Ebay. The Bachmann H-5 2-6-6-2 is still available on Ebay, and once in a while a PFM United H-6 2-6-6-2 shows up also. The H-7 2-8-8-2 has only been done in brass.
I vote for more yellowstones, DM&IR M3 or M4, SP AC-9. Harriman med steam.
I have also noticed that alot of items previously in the bachmann on line catalog been deleted. Especially non DCC equipped locos.
John B

BaltoOhioRRfan

C&O and B&O seem to have taken a back seat in the market as of late, I'm still trying to get my hands on a decent B&O Caboose(the NE Style). I have plenty of C&O Caboose and now i have some custom made B&O Cabooses. but i'd like to get one factor made B&O NE Caboose. (I'm not talking about before Chessie System)
Emily C.
BaltoOhioRRFan
B&O - America's #1 Railroad.

My Collection on FB - https://www.facebook.com/EmilysModelRailroad
My Collection on YouTube = https://www.youtube.com/user/BORRF

Bucksco

The B&O EM-1 was released just last fall..........

jonathan

Balto,

Look up "Spring Mills Depot" on line.  They are taking orders on a RTR I-12 Caboose in Plastic.  Several Paint Schemes available.  Model is in plastic.  It's a good match for the Bachmann EM-1, or any other B&O train from WWII to the 1970's.

Reasonably priced for a good Wagon Top Caboose.

Delivery is in the early Spring I believe.

Regards,

Jonathan

BaltoOhioRRfan

Yardmaster - I know about the EM-1, i was talking more in the way of freight cars and passenger cars and Cabooses

Jon- I want more of a NE Style, with a cupola on the top and not a bay window, i have two of those already.
Emily C.
BaltoOhioRRFan
B&O - America's #1 Railroad.

My Collection on FB - https://www.facebook.com/EmilysModelRailroad
My Collection on YouTube = https://www.youtube.com/user/BORRF