News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Ez Command turntable 46299

Started by glv1952, September 24, 2012, 08:07:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glv1952

Just purchased this item, didn't realize I needed second DCC command module so I'm initially trying it in DC mode.  No manual included just setup diagram; should I have received an operational manual?

1. is there an operational manual available?
2. how do you remove the temporary plugs for installation of hand rails, tried razor blade and twissers and can't get them out?
2. when I drop an engine on a vacant track, I move turntable to new engine but when I use throttle it now moves both engines?  how do I drop the first engine so I can move new engive to main line use?
thanks, Gary

hawaiiho

Lot's of luck getting an adequate instruction manual.

I successfully removed the plugs using a very thing blade.

You need two controllers. One of the old DC units to power the turntable and

a DCC unit for the lay out. The turntable track gets it power from your DCC controller and the turntable operation

is powered by the DC controller that is powering your layout track and DCC locomotives. Only the section of track that

the turntable is lined up with will be powered. The DC turntable's direction of rotation is controlled by the controller

that is supplied with the turntable and the speed of rotation is controlled by adjusting the speed knob on the DC

controller.

I hope is isn't too confusing and helps you.

I had the same problems and fortunately had a friend who had just installed this turntable in his layout.

I just wish Bachmann had seen fit to provide a more detailed manual and more importantly had made

the turntable large enough to accommodate their larger steam locomotives(4-8-4's).

ryeguyisme

Quote from: hawaiiho on September 24, 2012, 01:24:23 PM
and more importantly had made

the turntable large enough to accommodate their larger steam locomotives(4-8-4's).

The biggest reason I haven't bought the turntable was due to size, my medium sized engines (smaller than the 4-8-4's) Won't even fit, and I've been one who's been in support of the Ez track turntable idea. Now 2 or three more inches would've made it perfect for my engines. But I digress I have a nice manual 120 footer that suits my needs for larger power

richg

Most manufacturers figure you know what you are doing when buying this stuff.
The turntable description says DCC ready with an eight pin plug which means you need a separate power pack for the turntable motor or plug in a decoder for DCC.
Since it sounds like you are new, never assume with model trains today. Most stuff is moving in the direction of DCC ready or DCC on board.
Most advertising mentions what you are getting. In different train forums, I see something like this at times.

Rich

hawaiiho

Quote from: richg on September 24, 2012, 08:00:10 PM
Most manufacturers figure you know what you are doing when buying this stuff.
The turntable description says DCC ready with an eight pin plug which means you need a separate power pack for the turntable motor or plug in a decoder for DCC.
Since it sounds like you are new, never assume with model trains today. Most stuff is moving in the direction of DCC ready or DCC on board.
Most advertising mentions what you are getting. In different train forums, I see something like this at times.

Rich

Does that explain why when I called Bachmann Tech Support,  even they didn't  know how to wire the turntable?

The Tech told me that the turntable could ONLY be operated DCC. Wrong! It can be operated DC, DCC or a combination

of the two(DCC on the track and DC operating the turntable. That requires separate controller/power supplies}

As I said, I use my old Bachmann DC Controller and PS for the turntable rotation  and my Dynamis for all the track,

including the turntable track. And by the way it works great.

The manual supplied is so bad, even Bachmann's Tech Support folks didn't understand it.

And that doesn't come close to explaining why the turntable only handles Bachmann's smaller HO locomotives.

I, believe it should work with ALL of Bachman locomotives, up to and including the 4-8-4's.