Bachmann 45236 Thomas HO Tidmouth Sheds Turntable

Started by rbryce1, November 02, 2012, 09:55:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbryce1

I would like to use this building against the DCC turntable which I already have.

This item comes with the manual turn table (which I do not intend to use).  Does anyone know if the building needs to be used with the manual turn table , or if the remote DCC turntable can be fitted against the building instead.  I do not know and cannot tell if there are special connections between the building and the manual turntable which must be used.

Also, does the building use the same curve radius as the DCC turntable, or is the manual turntable a different radius?  The DCC turn table has an outside diameter of 14".

Jerrys HO

rb

The shed will work with the powered turntable. It is the same turntable used with the tidmouth except powered.
I thought about doing the same but came across a cheap heljan roundhouse and modified it to work with the Bachmann turntable.

Jerry

Jerrys HO

As far as your other question on the size of the building. I don't know but it use's 5 of the tracks so it will be quite large.
Check out this video which is pretty detailed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KWk0AX6UH4

Jerry

hawaiiho

SURE would be nice if Bachmann offered it separately so it could be purchased for use with Bachmann DCC Turntable OR better yet,
since they already have the tooling offered a shed with a different color that could be used with the Bachmann DCC Turntable, WOULDN'T IT?

rbryce1

As far as the size, I did find the specs, and it is 12" deep and 14" tall.  I understand you do not need to use all 5 bays, due to the way it is assembled, one bay at a time.    This video I found shows how it assembled, the video shows the shed and 2 expansion kits for 7 bays, but you can also just use 3 or 4 bays the same way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ4OMJ1F-sg&feature=related

I know it goes with the Thomas series of toy train, but it does match up with the DCC turn table well, connects to Bachmann track and I can always paint and weather it to look more fitting.  Heck, all buildings start out new until Mother Nature steps in.

As far as getting it without the manual turn table, I agree.  If I get one, I'm just going to Ebay the turn table.  Might get a few bucks for it if someone wants a cheap turn table and doesn't have the room for the shed.