News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Collection Value

Started by rwmorey, November 24, 2012, 01:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rwmorey

Hi --

My father was quite an HO gage model railroad enthusiast and now that he is older and having some health problems we have begun the lengthy process of trying to determine the value of his collection and to (hopefully) find someone interested in purchasing some or all of it.

The first set of cars he has are all mint condition (still in box) Bachmann Spectrum cars.

He has a total of 17 cars, the item numbers of which all begin with "89". I was not able to find these items in the catalog online at this website and so I hoped someone here might be able to help me as to where to look to find approximate values of the cars.

Thanks

Rich

Doneldon

rw-

It's impossible to say what your father's models are worth but you should be aware that very, very few older trains
have a significant value. That's true of Bachmann Spectrum models. They are neither old nor rare and so will not
command a premium price. I suggest that you check on eBay to see what they are going for. Note that you'll get
the best idea if you check completed auctions; many people have little idea what things are worth and may have
them listed at an unrealistic price. Good luck with your endeavors.

-- D

rwmorey

Hi --

I'm not anticipating large sums of money from the collection but I want to make sure we get a fair price for it.

I have actually found a great resource who has offered to help me determine a fair price for the trains.

Rich

gijoe80

I recently sent you a message. Was wondering how much your father is willing to sell it all for? I am willing to pay for shipping and handling if price is right. I am a wounded vet living on a limited income and I have a few trains and track from my great grandfather. He had his probably since the 1920's or maybe a decade or two later, but before Hobby Stores were "invented". Anyways, I am looking for more train stuff to add so I can do a real nice layout around my ceiling area.

Gary Yemm

Hi All

I have just sold some locos and rolling stock on ebay some old stock and some more recent.
  I found I had mixed results, some models making top price and some not. So I think the
Value is more in what someone what's to pay for the models which is sad when they don't
Make top price.

Kind Regards Gary Yemm

electrical whiz kid

GIJoe;
Semper Fi.  I am a Vietnam vet (Phu Bai, near Hue).  Hope all is going as well as it can for you, and the VA is treating you as well as they have me.
What are you looking for in locomotives and rolling stock? 
Richie C.
former Ssgt, USAF

gijoe80

Quote from: electrical whiz kid on December 01, 2012, 05:58:33 PM
GIJoe;
Semper Fi.  I am a Vietnam vet (Phu Bai, near Hue).  Hope all is going as well as it can for you, and the VA is treating you as well as they have me.
What are you looking for in locomotives and rolling stock? 
Richie C.
former Ssgt, USAF

First off Ssgt. Thank you for your service and Welcome Home. I sent you a message via this board. The VA is treating me pretty well. No complaints so far except for the back log of claims. Currently rated 70% but have applied for an upgrade to 100% individual unemployability. As far as train stock, I am open. Needs to be HO. Got a few pieces of Santa Fe collection including the Santa Fe Locomotive Engine. If it's Santa Fe collection cool, but open to the different types. Mainly need preferrably close to new track. But open if anyone here wants to donate and help me out.
  For those that want to help and donate and send please message and I will give you my mailing address

gijoe80

Forgot to mention not looking for handouts but it would be grateful and appreciated. Willing to buy HO Trains and track that people are selling if they are willing to work within my means of income.

keystone

GIjoe 80
WW2 Navy vet here. Dismantleling a 5 x 9 H-0 layout.  I have oodles of track and some turn outs. The track is 3' flex style and some sectional all usuable and in operation yet. You figure out what you need trackwise and I'll send it to you No charge. All I need is the postage.
Joe W

gijoe80

Quote from: keystone on December 06, 2012, 03:50:34 AM
GIjoe 80
WW2 Navy vet here. Dismantleling a 5 x 9 H-0 layout.  I have oodles of track and some turn outs. The track is 3' flex style and some sectional all usuable and in operation yet. You figure out what you need trackwise and I'll send it to you No charge. All I need is the postage.
Joe W

Sent you a message via this Bachmann forum. Hopefully it got to you well. Looking for as much track as possible. Turnouts are needed for my project as well. Just let me know postage and where to send to. Also, thank you for your fellow service.