News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann Sound Value DCC Alco S-2

Started by Grandpagator, December 25, 2012, 05:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grandpagator

I have both a Bachmann S-2 with Sound Value sound, and a Climax without sound.  I have a NCE Power Pro system.  All of my other  non  Bachmann engines can be configured on the Main.  I have tried to configure the S-2 and the Climax and can't change the address.  Both always stay at 3.  I have tried to change the address with CV1 and it still stays at 3.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to change the address?

railtwister

I see it's been a while, and no one has responded. Were you able to solve your problem? I don't have an NCE system, so I can't say for sure what the problem is, but have you tried to program your loco using a program track? What programming method does your system default to for programing? Have you tried to change to a different mode (paged or direct)? Not all decoders (especially older ones) can recognize programming on the main, but I'd be surprised if that's the problem here, since the Sound Value boards are new & made by Soundtraxx. If you still can't figure it out, maybe you should give them a call.

Good Luck,
Bill in FtL

richg

Quote from: Grandpagator on December 25, 2012, 05:56:56 PM
I have both a Bachmann S-2 with Sound Value sound, and a Climax without sound.  I have a NCE Power Pro system.  All of my other  non  Bachmann engines can be configured on the Main.  I have tried to configure the S-2 and the Climax and can't change the address.  Both always stay at 3.  I have tried to change the address with CV1 and it still stays at 3.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to change the address?

Program them on the program track. That is what I do with the Power Cab if the main does not seem to work.

Rich