News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

ez track

Started by Pacific Northern, August 11, 2007, 11:56:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pacific Northern

Have placed most of the track for my new layout and have a couple of spots where the engines definetely slow down and then pick up speed.

For EZ track would I use the existing track with the controller connections to attach to another feeder (another EZ track connector track) or should I run the wire from the transformer controller to the other feeder?

Also, is there another source for the plug (with the " two connectors") that Bachmann uses?
Pacific Northern

CAB_IV

It sounds like you are loosing power

the first thing you can try is to use needle nosed pliers to squeeze the rail joiners together, this would help.  next would be to install more feeders (or bachmann terminal track).

Either way will work, although the shortest route will have the least loss of power. I'm thinking though, that your problem has alot more to do with loose rail joiners and other maitenance issues, ESPECIALLY because you only now just layed the tracks. Now that they've settled, you'll need to adjust them slightly to get them to work properly.

Pacific Northern

Should I be running the wire to the feeder from the existing EZ Track connector( other connector on the track) to the new connector? Or should I be running the power directly from the transformer to the new (additional ) EZ TRack connector?
Pacific Northern

djp

Don't forget to check the spot the engine slows down. there might be some glue or residue stuck to the track. give it a good wipe too. If you intend putting out a number of feeder wires to the track use a power splitter from the controller output. No use looping the power wire from one terminal rerailer to another.
Get Off My Train !!!

Paul M.

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific