News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

American Freedom Train CARS

Started by union pacific 844, January 06, 2013, 01:14:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

union pacific 844

where can i get a set or what cars will match a American Freedom Train 4449 4-8-4

sd24b

Quote from: union pacific 844 on January 06, 2013, 01:14:37 AM
where can i get a set or what cars will match a American Freedom Train 4449 4-8-4

might try e bay and/or local swap meet.  good luck.   Phil

john tricarico

back in the 1970s when lionel had a line of H.O. trains they made the freedom train, it was the 4-8-4 loco with 4 passenger cars that were close to the real freedom train,it was sold a set
this was an early bachmann 4-8-4 loco

MilwaukeeRoadfan261

You could also run it in a more modern setting such as when the engine was repainted back into American Freedom Train colors back in 2002 until 2004 which at that point you could run it with any passenger cars you have that would look good behind the engine.

utdave

Heres what i do       i have tyco spirit of 76  boxcars and one old bachmann painted red white and blue   i think theres 4 different ones  and a caboose. I believe i own around 15  all from ebay.     i remember when it came to ogden utah  i think it had amtrack cars   silver with red white and blue stripes.   the last option would find a whole picture  of the train  and paint up your cars to match    just some ideas.   im happy with my tyco cars and it looks good.   i like to do my railroad in many different ways   make believe is  part of the hobby of your railroad.

hawaiiho

The most authentic appearing Freedom Train cars I have seen have been "kit bashed".

Try the internet first, get what you can and then do as others suggested and paint up  what you can  and "kit bash" the others. Find some good photos of the actual train and go from there.