News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

couplers

Started by rickho, August 13, 2007, 09:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickho

Hello all quick question do the ez-mate couplers hook up to the kadee couplers.

Thanx in advance Rickho

Jake

Yes, E-Z mates will hook up with any HO scale knuckle coupler. And why not convert them anyway?
Co Admin/Founder of the North American Narrow Gauge Modelers!
http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/northamericanna.html
www.myspace.com/vfb1210

JIMMY!! HAFF AR LODE JUST DROPPED LOOS!!!

RAM

If you buy any new couplers, buy kadee couplers.  I say used what comes on the cars,but replace with Kadee when they break, which might well be the first time the car derails.

rickho

Does anyone have a good online source for kadee couplers

Thanx Rickho

SteamGene

Try Standard Hobby Supply or Trainworld for Kadee couplers. 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Dr EMD

Quote from: rickho on August 14, 2007, 07:10:26 AM
Does anyone have a good online source for kadee couplers

Thanx Rickho

Look it up on the Internet.
Electro-Motive Historical Research
(Never employed by EMD at any time)

Jay

Jay Johnson
The Roundhouse
www.trainweb.org/theroundhouse

topsir2

You can find them on Ebay also. I have bought most of mine there.

bevernie

Also, does anyone sell the "box" that connects to the body, without the coupler? I went to a train show, and without thinking, bought several couplers, and just thought that I would connect them using the old (truck-mounted) box! DUH!!
                                                                                  THANX!!
                                                                                     Ernie
www.3abn.com   www.amazingfacts.com    www.bibleinfo.com

djp

Kadee #5 Draft boxes. if i knew how to post a link here i would. I buy from wholesale trains.com. very nice place to buy and i have found them to have the best prices too.

http://www.wholesaletrains.com/Detail.asp?Scale=HO&Item=KADEE&offset=25&ID=200468175
Get Off My Train !!!

SteamGene

How many do you need, Ernie?  I have quite a few extras.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat

bevernie

GREETINGS, and THANK YOU, Gene!! What a generous offer!! I really need to count the couplers that I've already bought, but I know that I have about 50 engines! I saved the sight that someone else suggested, and they have them listed at 2.79 per packet of 10, so that would even be less than I had thought it would cost!
     If you are serious, and you are sure that you would NEVER need them, I would GLADLY reimburse your postage, or even (depending on where you are!!) come and get them!! Maybe I've got something you would like, and we could trade!                                                                         THANX!!
                                                                                                    Ernie
www.3abn.com   www.amazingfacts.com    www.bibleinfo.com

SteamGene

Ernie, I need to keep a few in reserve.  Let me see how many I actually have and see if it's worthwhile to try to supply a fleet of 50.  I read the site as $2.79 per pocket, which seems excessive as the regular #5 envelope comes with pockets for four couplers.  But if it's $2.79 for ten, that's not bad at all.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat