News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Tanker Cars...no modern?

Started by Balrog21, January 08, 2013, 02:24:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balrog21

well, I can half agree with the there are too many different types of tanker cars, but jeez...the one's they have now are SO outdated...they make a plethera of different hopper cars as well, and Bachmann has jumped on the bandwagon. I've gotten 4 of these and 4 of the cylindrical ones...why? Because of the price point of them...yeah, all those shiny details are nice and all, but when it comes down to it my wallet dictates what goes on my layout and get's run...so let's see...one of those mentioned above for 9.99-12.00 or 1 for 20-39 dollars? Hmmm, that's not too hard of decision for me to make.

Personally I think we would see ALOT more tanker cars running on layouts if Bachmann did do an update for their tanker line.

Thanks, JB about the vid, I am going to get some during the daylight hours. My town use to have the biggest car repair yard between New Orleans and Memphis, TN back in it's day it was something to watch, but sadly it was shut down in 1987. The only thing left if a lumber loading shed which was the old car standing area shops. If someone wants I can take some pics of it if they are intending to do a model of one or something. I also have a pic of the blueprint for the yard here in McComb, MS in the show us your layout vid on here...it's quite impressive.

Balrog21

ok, sorry couldn't resist, here is a pic taken back in 74 of the yard in action...I can't tell you how many days I sat and watched the orange and white go about their work.

jbrock27

Wow!  Having that kind of train action close by, must have been great for ideas!
Keep Calm and Carry On

Balrog21

yeah, it was!! Here is a pic of the yard from the official blueprint. =) I want to model this someday, but it will be in N scale I do believe..my basement is only SO big ya know!  ;)

jbrock27

I read you loud and clear.  If only space and time weren't factors...
Keep Calm and Carry On

Balrog21