News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

diesel power pickups

Started by union pacific 844, January 12, 2013, 02:56:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

union pacific 844

i do i make new pickups to replace the old ones the broke  ??? ???

Doneldon

844-

That depends on just what you are repairing. Please tell
us exactly what model needs service and exactly what is
broken on it. This information is obvious to you since you
have the model but it is a total mystery to us.

-- D

union pacific 844

model power f2a diesel its the parts that takes the power from the wheels to power motor make the engine move

richg

Quote from: union pacific 844 on January 12, 2013, 04:10:30 PM
model power f2a diesel its the parts that takes the power from the wheels to power motor make the engine move

Is this the one? There are a few more pictures at the HO Seeker site. I think I see a pickup it the photo.

http://www.hoseeker.net/modelpower/modelpowerf2pg1.jpg

You ought to take a photo and post it here. It sometimes makes it easier for others to help you. You do not give people much info.
Get a Photo Bucket account to do this. Most here us Photo Bucket to post photos.
A picture is worth a thousand words.

Rich

union pacific 844

yes that's my engine  what need is Electrical pickup  and it won't let me post here

utdave

put a new bachmann chassie under that shell.  parts  if i have several i would take from one and use that stuff to fix others.  by the looks of it its a slim piece of medal that holds the bearings in place for the drive wheels.    i would send you one if i had this  brand of loco in the parts bin.   Dave

Jerrys HO

UP844
If you or anyone on this forum can confirm if the trucks on an FTA unit will fit your FA2
I have an extra I can send you. Just PM me with your address.
The only difference I see is the truck's outer frame which snaps off and can be swapped.

Jerry

Was not paying attention. I thought we were discussing a Bachmann product.
I do have some parts from other manufactures that may be of help. Post a pic and we can see about matching something for you.

jward

have you tried getting in contact with model power about the part?
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

jbrock27

My suggestion, if you want to go through the time and effort, bc I know, taking stuff apart can be fun (at the worst, you bust something that is busted already) is to look on EBAY for a Model Power loco and find either an inexpensive one that works or one for parts.  Make sure you can see an underside view to make sure that is not what is broken, or ask the seller to post an underside picture so you can confirm what you are looking for for parts is not broken.  I have found the sellers who cooperate with this are good ones, and the ones who put up a stink over this request, should be shied away from-just my opinion. 
If you buy one that is the exact body style to yours, you may even have the plus of having 2 different shells you can use for the same loco.  I am not certain of this, but I would suspect the Model Power you have has  similar parts to many others they made, even if they had a different shell.  I say this bc I have a Model Power C430 and it's parts diagram looks very similar to yours.  I know for sure, it has the same copper pickups for power to the wheels.   You may even want to ask a seller how long the loco is to compare it to yours.  There is also a sight I have found online that gives you the parts blow up for a lot of loco models.  Go to GOOGLE and type something like "HO parts diagram"  or something like that.  When you get to the right site, it will give you a whole slew of diagrams for different makers and models to chose from.  This way you might find a different Model Power model, parts will be identical to use as a cross reference .  Good luck in your search!
I will add that I do like how Bachmann has set up these similar style pickups on their Plus and Spectrum models.  Now, if I could only get that GP35 to run quieter....
Keep Calm and Carry On

union pacific 844

model power is sold out on parts

richg

Quote from: union pacific 844 on January 12, 2013, 10:46:47 PM
yes that's my engine  what need is Electrical pickup  and it won't let me post here

I am sure you have seen this discussion here before. Get a photo bucket account to store your photos online. Use the procedure at Photo Bucket to link the photo to these froums.

http://beta.photobucket.com/

You can also search these forums for, posting pictures or photos. Both words will get a response.

When looking through the different forums here. stay curious. You never know what you might find of interest that will benefit you.

Rich

union pacific 844

jbrock27

Keep Calm and Carry On

jbrock27

I am a B'duh-hoseeker.com was the site (mentioned above) that I was referring to for different loco diagrams.
Keep Calm and Carry On

richg

Quote from: jbrock27 on January 13, 2013, 12:46:42 PM
I am a B'duh-hoseeker.com was the site (mentioned above) that I was referring to for different loco diagrams.

That is why I stress storing a link in Favorites as soon as you see it. Too easy to look at a site and forget to save the link.
I have been finding out that some do not know how to use Favorites and depend on their past Internet Browsing History to find the link again. Not a good idea.

Anyone who has a diagram can scan it and email the diagram to HO Seeker. If he does not have the diagram in his site he will post it and give credit to your library.
I have done some. Mostly Bachmann. Some BLI and Roundhouse.

Rich