Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

GP7 sound install

Started by bapguy, January 16, 2013, 11:56:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Baldwin

Quote from: Doneldon on May 13, 2013, 07:09:29 PM
Quote from: Joe_Daddy on May 13, 2013, 05:38:50 PM
As you stated, SoundTraxx and some other speaker vendors claim a 1.1 inch (28MM)  speaker is one inch however QSI also makes a 1 inch round speaker that is actually 1.0 inch  (26MM) and it fits the Bachmann Speaker receptacle perfectly.

Joe-

This irritates me no end. Soundtrax knows very well that an inch is 2.54 mm. Why they try to
peddle their 28 mm speakers which won't fit a one-inch space as fitting is just wrong. I suppose
they figure some folks have enough fudge factor room to get them in but I still think this is
downright dishonest.
                                       -- D

Don,  Annoyed me too, this being the reason I went to the effort of documenting it here.

Joe
Joe Daddy

richg

Quote from: Joe_Daddy on May 13, 2013, 07:32:55 PM
Quote from: Doneldon on May 13, 2013, 07:09:29 PM
Quote from: Joe_Daddy on May 13, 2013, 05:38:50 PM
As you stated, SoundTraxx and some other speaker vendors claim a 1.1 inch (28MM)  speaker is one inch however QSI also makes a 1 inch round speaker that is actually 1.0 inch  (26MM) and it fits the Bachmann Speaker receptacle perfectly.

Joe-

This irritates me no end. Soundtrax knows very well that an inch is 2.54 mm. Why they try to
peddle their 28 mm speakers which won't fit a one-inch space as fitting is just wrong. I suppose
they figure some folks have enough fudge factor room to get them in but I still think this is
downright dishonest.
                                       -- D

Don,  Annoyed me too, this being the reason I went to the effort of documenting it here.

Joe

Many never take time to read ALL the details in an ad. I have seen many order the wrong thing or did not read all the details about the item.
It is human nature to assume.

Never assume when it comes to DCC.

Many still are not aware of most stuff coming from across the Pond and using Metric sizes.

Rich

rogertra

An inch is NOT 2.54mm.  2.54mm is about 1/10th of an inch.

An inch is 2.54cm  or 25.4mm.  The decimal point placement and whether you are discussing Centimentres or Millimetres is very important.  :)

But you are correct in that a 28mm speaker is larger than one inch.

Doneldon

roger-

Absolutely correct. I misplaced my decimal point. See,t's not do hard to acknowledge an innocent error.

-- D