News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Spectrum Steam DCC

Started by al2587, August 16, 2007, 09:31:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

al2587

Will you or do you ever plan on making the Line of Spectrum Steam in N scale available with optional DCC already installed?

Oldcoyote

Hello,
I really should not pop in here, but since I have I will continue.  I have been modeling for many years, but am brand new to DCC.  I was scared to death of it, knew absolutely nothing about it.  On top of that I am as dumb as a stump when it comes to understanding and working with any thing electronic. 

I did several weeks of reading everything I could get my hands on about DCC.  Still did not understand or know any thing about it.  I kept on plugging and reading and finally it sunk in a bit what I needed to do.  Someone on line recomended a site that had a "step by step" set of instructions with great photos to illustrate it.  I ordered my decoders from Fiffer's or  something like that.  They came and with all the information I had gathered from the kind folks on this list and others I installed my decoder in my Bachmann Consolidation in less than an hour.  Programed it and darned if it diden't run very well.  I perhaps have one thing going for me and that is
joining metals, wire etc. with solder.  Been doing some very tough soft and hard solder jobs for more than 50 years.

My point is simply this, if I can do this DCC thing myself, I believe most any one with the same determination as I have can do the decoder instalations. Doing so will save a bunch by not haveing to pay the higher price for factory instalations.

Jus my thoughts,
Oldcoyote.....................................

the Bach-man

Dear Al,
Yes. We have just announced the Heavy Mountain with DCC Onboard.
Have fun!
the Bach-man