Hello ! I'm new here too !

Started by OLDBANDIT, February 07, 2013, 09:41:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OLDBANDIT

Hello ! I'm new here too !
I am an occasional reader, but new to posting.
Enjoy reading the info, may have some of those "newbie" questions in the future...
I like Bachmann large scale because I can run big trains on a small layout (5' X 8').
I live in Europe (France), but I love America : great country, great people, big trains and big trucks.
Oooooooooooops ! And I apologize for my bad english !

jward

welcome.

your english is better than most who live here.

glad you like the big trains, hope to see photos of your layout soon.

Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

rbryce1

Quote from: jward on February 07, 2013, 09:49:51 AM
welcome.

your english is better than most who live here.

glad you like the big trains, hope to see photos of your layout soon.

and he even knows how to spell !!! ;D :D

M1FredQ

I am impressed you are French you like America and model trains now if you like wine

and Cognac your awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just for the record when i was touring through France I found the people friendly and always helpful when i couldn't find my way around and yes I likes those "Speed Trains' !!!

Jerrys HO

Bandit
Do you often get told you look like Bocephus. Just in case you don't know he is a country singer who's dad was one of the best.

Welcome aboard

Jerry

OLDBANDIT

Of course !
I like wine (red and white) and Champagne !
:D :D :D

OLDBANDIT

Sorry, I like a lot of country singers but I do not know him ..
It's a picture of a member of this little band from Texas...ZZTop (and I like this band too).

Jerrys HO

Quotet's a picture of a member of this little band from Texas...ZZTop

Dusty Hill, that should have been real obvious to see.

GG1onFordsDTandI

Quote from: OLDBANDIT on February 08, 2013, 03:23:37 AM
I like a lot of country singers but I do not know him ..

Hello old bandit,  
Bo is otherwise known as Hank Williams Jr.,a bit of a rocker, quite a musician.
His father was a country music LEGEND. I'm not into country but "I love me some Hank Sr".(improper country slang)
France huh? During to early 70's Gramps (Pip) brought back two of the coolest brass loco's from his "revisit" to Ardennes. Both were of the Valtellina electrics, one n-scale, one z-scale, manufacturer unknown. Never ran them. He didn't even collect n or z, he was into 3rail-O. They just looked outstanding sitting on the workbench shelf next to his brass crocodile loco's. In 2-rail-O, and HO , they were never ran either, only "eye candy". Europe's locos have had more attention to styling over the last 50-70 years than us. I wish some, of what you probably see as common, was more available here. But then again you probably feel the same about some trains from North America.
"I think I can hear my paint program whispering something about a TVG in Santa fe Warbonnet trim"
"No dcc for me, the sounds and voices in my head already are enough"

Woody Elmore

Hi OLDBANDIT - Welcome aboard. Your English is perfect - better than my graduate school students who are all college grads and teachers. Because of texting, English is taking a beating.

Thanks to LGB there is lots of nice small European rolling stock that would do well on a 5 by 8 layout.

The Old Bandit

The old Bandit is back on the the track !