ALCO S2 w/DCC Soundtrax - How do you change horn?

Started by timhar47, February 12, 2013, 12:53:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timhar47

I have an HO new Bachmann S2 w/dcc soundtrax. All the ad's say it has 3 choices of horn, but there is no instruction on how and where to choose this. The ONLY document included mentions 'Users Guide' (not included in box, cant find on website) and a 'Technical Reference' (also not included and not found on website) The Bachmann website takes you to the 'Soundtrax' poke, whereupon you get the same 'Quick Start Guide' thats in the box. No other docs or pokes. Say what?

Can the blarpy horn be changed or not? If yes, how please. I am only a 'simple DCC' person, not versed in all the fancy CV stuff.

Thanks

bapguy

CV115 selects the horn type. In programming enter cv115 than a value of 1,2, or 3. Enter 1 and try the horn. If you don't like it try a 2 than a 3.Go to th Soundtraxx web site, click on manuals in the bottom right, click on OE or factory decoders. Click on Bachmann and than the S4. The cv 's are listed there as well as factory defaults.  Joe

timhar47

Thanks - will give it a go  :)

Added - worked great - option 1 is like a 2 horn combo blarp, 2 is a more of chime type, 3 is the sent value, the 1 horn blarp.

utdave

i believe the set values on CV 115   are  0,1,2        i get a error on #3
dave