The Soundtrax Bachmann Diesels - all same or different sound?

Started by timhar47, February 12, 2013, 01:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timhar47

Another quick question - maybe the Bach-Mann has to answer this one. So the price and value of these DCC/Soundtrax locos are great - but I was wondering, since I will get another different one (I have the S2 - will get an FA2) are they both the same sounds, or are they different, to sort of match the engine?

Jerrys HO

jward

the sounds are appropriate for the specific model. no generic diesel sounds here. take it from somebody who was familiar with the real alcos, the sound value locos are very accurate.

since you are asking about the differences, the s2/s4 represents the alco 539 engine, with a very pronounced turbo whistle. the fa2 and rs3 are the alco 244 which has no such whistle. imho, the only thing they could do to make the alcos more accurate is to have them erupt in black smoke when you throttle up.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

timhar47

Thanks! I love the S-2 - and these engines are a lovely addition for people on a budget.

utdave

i have several Fa's   with different road names     i change the sound of the horns  so i know which is which.   and one with a b unit with sound i changed it also different than the A unit       CV 115       0,1,2     three different horn sounds.      what i would like  is that when i put on the head light thats when the engine starts it  starting sounds.  or the F8 key   but the headlight says im ready to go to work   just a thought  or maybe it can be done this way im not sure.     Dave